Niner Bikes ONE 9 RDO 29er Hardtail

Niner Bikes ONE 9 RDO 29er Hardtail

The newest member of our hardtail RDO program, the One 9 RDO is a singlespeed racer designed to go flat out fast. The One 9 RDO is specifically intended as a singlespeed racing bike, utilizing the reduced diameters and trimmed profiles of our RDO hardtail line up throughout. The rear brake mount is tucked inside the curving stays to distribute twisting forces evenly, permitting smaller caliper mounts and decreased wall thicknesses. Even the headset races in the headtube are molded carbon - we shaved grams wherever we found them. The net result? A singlespeed that can’t be matched for quality and weight.

[Jan 29, 2018]
Cody sc

Strength:

It had amazing geometry. I love how slack the head tube is. It’s great for climbing and a dream for decending. I have new maxxis tires on mine and they are great. I also have an 11 speed sram setup with a carbon front wheel. I can also put a good/long dropper post.

My seat is stiff but it’s aftermarket

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
OVERALL
[Mar 21, 2016]
Al10076

Strength:

Extremely light; Comes with a SID XX fork and a RDO fork; EBB makes it easy to adjust the chain

Extremely weak frame; EBB creaks terribly, the Niner Cogalicious RDO 20T is not round..chain goes tight - loose

I don't keep a clean bike frame. I was washing it after about 4 months and 350 miles of riding and found a suspicion spot on top of the seat stay near the middle of it. Niner said it was impact damage and not safe to ride. They offered a crash replacement frame for $1182.50. I can't remember a crash where this could have happened. I declined the replacement...can't afford to spend that much on a frame every 4 months or less. Read the warranty of any carbon MTN bike you want to buy. I don't think you are allowed to fall with them. Impact damage is a matter of opinion. If it is scratched, it's impact.