Marin Novato 29er 29er Hardtail

The Marin Novato 29er may be the most versatile bikes on the block. Mountain bike tough, but designed for an asphalt world. Featuring 29" wheels to suite every rider's needs with durable frames in both aluminum and cromoly that boast ample tire clearance

Neuro Roadkill   Weekend Warrior [May 08, 2012]
Strength:

Frame, over-all style / aesthetics, brakes (basic but suitable for purpose & price point). Just picked one up at Royal Distributing in Guelph, Ontario for 399. Noticed a scratch under the top tubes and buddy knocked 50 off the price, so I just picked up this nifty puppy for 349 - quite a deal in my opinion.

Nice, relatively upright position in the cockpit ( a good change from a much more aggressive set-up with my last ride), excellent for downtown Toronto commutes, as well as the many light trails around and outside the city. Too old for serious trails these days :)

You can obviously speak to the low end components - but at this price, I don't care. I'm happy to use the stock stuff till they break, which won't be too long, then replace with a combination of Deore, LX, etc. or whatever.

Just the bike I was looking at for a while now, but so glad I waited for the price to get to where it was! Kickin lookin, super comfortable, stiff enough for me but with nice compliance.