Lynskey Performance Designs PRO29 VF 29er Hardtail

Oversized 2 inch Helix downtube and 44mm headtube help create our stiffest, best handling 29er frame to date. A plate style chainstay provides significant tire clearance. Vertical Fixed Dropouts with Replaceable Derailleur Hanger for geared specific setup. We built the PRO29 for those riders who wanted a race-oriented mountain hardtail with 29" wheels. We received countless requests for a true high-performance 29er that was not a do-all bike. Designed around the tight, twisty singletrack of the Southeast, this bike is at home on technical terrain and shines on fire roads and double track. Made from aerospace grade 3/2.5 titanium, this frame is built to go fast. The PRO29 boasts a multi-shaped tubeset for stiffness, beautiful lines for pure aesthetics, race proven geometry, excellent responsiveness and confident handling. New for 2011 is the addition of an oversized 2 inch Helix downtube and oversized headtube creating our stiffest best handling 29er frame to date. In addition we've added a plate style chainstay to provide significant tire clearance. This VF model comes with Wright Style Dropouts with replaceable hangers which are for dedicated geared setups.

Jarrod   Cross Country Rider [Mar 17, 2015]
Strength:

Strong, amazing welds, perfect geometry for intended purpose.

I've been working for my local towns bike shop for 10 years now and I've gotten the opportunity to ride many different top shelf bikes. Including seven, moots, merlin and ibis to name a few. I also ride competitively for fun not a profession and must say that of all the correctly fitted bikes I've demoed and owned this one has the greatest designed geometry. The design team and customer service at lynskey; my hat goes off to you. Reasonable price compared to their competition for what you're getting. amazing handling, point in a direction and it delivers aggressively. Made to race but not uncomfortable in the slightest. It's quite stiff but it flexes like the frame acts as a single piece of suspension. That explains why titanium welds must be masterfully crafted. And they are. Giving it a supple overall ride quality that can be enjoyed all day or just one extreme race at a time. I should also clarify that I'm reviewing the 2015 pro29 frame with about 40 rides in the few months I've had it. Don Erwin was a delight to work with. And with lifetime warranty against defects you can't go wrong. I will never sell this bike!!! Thanks Lynskey. If you're an avid cyclist that wants a "desert island" bike to end all. This would be it.

Similar Products Used: ibis, sycip, soulcraft, Rocky Mountain, calfee, colnago, moots, seven, litespeed, merlin etc etc
Chuck Woodruff   Cross Country Rider [Dec 27, 2011]
Strength:

High quality welds and fit. Unique look. Slider on the rear. Good geometry.

Was still a little soft around the bottom bottom bracket. I dripped the chain pretty often. I resolved all chan drop with the addition of a "Devil 101 chain and surley SS ring.

I love a nice single-speed. This bike is a really good ride and it is stiff enough to be responsive if you want to crank it up a notch. I weigh 200 lbs and I am really hard on chains, frames, wheels, pedals, rings...The lighter you are, the sweeter this bike is for you.

Similar Products Used: Moots, vassago, Salsa
Eds G   Weekend Warrior [Aug 17, 2011]
Strength:

lightweight and stable bike, looks very nice with the helix top and down tubes, transfers power down very efficiently, 29er small geometry that fits my 5'6 frame,

no idea yet, no second water bottle mounting on my frame which i think is usually located on the seat tube (i dont have a need for the secondary mounting tho, at least not yet at the moment)

this is the best bike i have ever ridden. the best way i can describe the ride quality is like going from a japanese car like a corolla to a euro ride like a sport bmw. the ride felt very tight and is surprisingly comfortable

this is also the fastest bike i have performed in. allows me climb noticeably faster than my previous bikes. downhill is very fast and stable also.

the anthem x3 felt loose and was very heavy, the GT carbon destroyed my ass

With the Lynskey PPRO29VF i have found myself a bike that is like a full sus in comfort and efficient like a hard tail. looks like this will be the only bike i'll ever need except for a racer road bike.

not sure if the Fox F29 G2 is the best fork for my bike but i cannot comment on this yet until i can compare it with a standard offset fork.

Similar Products Used: previous bikes i have ridden: Giant Anthem X3, GT carbon HT, Renault iron bike. all 26" bikes, no prior experience with other 29ers