Kona Mohala 29er Hardtail

A brand-new model for 2012, Kona's first female-specific, 29-inch-wheel hardtail mountain bike. Designed with incredibly low standover for a confident riding position, and geometry best suited to recreational mountain bikers looking for stability, traction and great ride efficiency, the Kona Mohala, which means "shining forth" in Hawaiian, let's you do exactly that on everything from technical singletrack to blazing backroads.

• RockShox XC 32 TK 29er fork
  • SRAM 10-speed drivetrain
  • WTB SpeedDisc All-Mountain 29 rims
  • Avid Elixir 1 disc brakes

• User Reviews (1)

Lance Links   All Mountain Rider [Oct 23, 2015]
    Strength:

Light weight, great geometry, 29er wheels smooth trail features and add stability for ladies new to the sport!

None! My wife has started riding trails with me... Doesn't get much better than that!

The bike is awesome! Took a while to convince my wife to give trail riding a real chance, but after having a great time on a loaner bike while out on a trail ride with our kids, she gave me the go-ahead to find her a suitable trail bike. After looking for months at a lower price point, I couldn't be happier that I spent a little more than planed, because this bike is the real deal. She's already riding trails and moderate features with ease and confidence and I'm sure the bike has a fair bit to do with that! For women new to the sport, this ride is a great choice with great spec at this price point. Women specific geo, saddle, grips, and rock shox xc32 fork... Couldn't be happier!

OVERALL