Jamis Exile 2 29er Hardtail

You don't needTo drop big coinTo play withThe big wheels. Jamis has your back.The Exile delivers a 29-er specific frame design at aTasty price. You can buildThis up into a worthy 29'er cross-country bike easily. Swept-styleTopTube delivers a low standover height, whileThe specially shaped downtube eliminates clearance problems withThe control knobs on some 29'er forks. A well-thought out design. To complete your bike build, you'll need:

asuprice   Cross Country Rider [Apr 24, 2011]
Strength:

Hydro Brakes, Tora Fork, 9 speed components

None I can see yet.

Love the low standover height and geometry of this bike. Doesn't feel enormous under me like the other bikes I tried did. this is my first 29er and I'm sold on them now. Riding trails has gotten much easier when it comes to rolling rock gardens, logs, etc. Try this out. You'll be very happy.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Trail Sl 2 29er, Gary Fisher Mamba 29er, Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er
barnettd   Weekend Warrior [Feb 04, 2011]
Strength:

JAMIS Exile II - Components (for the price) and frame design. For my preference it fit my riding profile the best.

Still adjusting to it but I haven't noticed a weakness.

I rode numerous bikes from Giant, Trek, GF, Specialized etc... In the $1100 price range I did not come across any earth shaking differences except the frame of the Jamis. I think that the frame of the Exile series is a great shape for 29ers. It moves the seating position and top tube down significantly and thus makes it more comfortable on cross county type trails.

Similar Products Used: Trek 26 inch, Giant 26 inch
wolfboy0000   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2011]
Strength:

Frame design, better components than Exile I, for 200 dollars more you get upgraded BB, hydro brakes, shifters, front shock and seatpost, etc.

Noticed after a couple of rides I found spokes loosened up on rear wheel, I rode hard and was sliding the rear wheel around corners, This was probably flexing the wheel sideways and loosened the spokes, front wheel was fine.

There are better bikes and worse bikes, but for the money this is one of the best bikes going. Components are great, frame is solid, looks of the bike are great, and it has a good feel to it, that was one of the selling points for me.
After riding several different brands and styles this one fit my riding style the best. One thing I suggest is getting a bike that is one step above your ability, that way months after you get the bike you'll feel better about your purchase, and you want have to start upgrading everything on it. Ride several, get some on loan, ride friends, but be sure before you spend the money, Nothing worse than buyers remorse.

Similar Products Used: 26 inch pacific mountain bike no shock, 26 inch Trek mountain.
jon   Weekend Warrior [Aug 20, 2010]
Strength:

weight, comfort, components, geometry

None so far

this is a great bike if you are looking for a 29er. i was skeptical at first to make the switch but after some coaxing from a friend i test rode the exile and then bought the exile 2 no regret here.