Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe 29er Custom 29er Hardtail

Steel Deluxe 29er Custom

• Full, rider specific custom geometry
  • Designed around 80mm Rock Shox. Other configurations available
  • Size specific tubing to assure uniform ride quality throughout the range of sizes
  • Custom seat tube insert for strength and durability
  • Gusset at intersection of head tube and down tube for optimum strength
  • Bottom bracket custom machined and relieved for strength and light weight
  • Dropouts custom machined and heat treated for added strength
  • All tubes are sealed except the seat tube to minimize corrosion and enhance frame longevity
  • Seat Tube and Frame Maintenance
  • Exquisite welding that must be seen to be believed
  • Choice of 26 stock colors and 12 decal color combinations applied in our own PPG certified paint shop
  • Warranty of craftsmanship for the life of the original owner and materials for 5 years

• User Reviews (3)

Jerome   Weekend Warrior [May 19, 2013]
    Strength:

Control - Efficiency - Snappy - Handling - Quality - Self-Estime

None ! If you like hardtail bicycles
    Need to execute a great design to get the best of it - not easy due to the 100% custom policy pushed by IF. A portural study won't warranty you to get the best bike on the trail either and very few bikeshop are able to make the balance between theory and the real word - not even if you visit the best known name in the branch, designing a great bike is not a matter of fame or price.

A great bicycle handles the trails precisely, fell muscular, efficient.
    Greatly executed - not all Ti bicycles are equals - you get for what you ultimately pay, if you take care of it you will keep it for life.

Similar Products Used: MOOTS MX RSL, SEVEN SOLA SL, SEVEN SOLA OLYMPIC, MOOTS MX YBB, MOOTS DIVIDE
    mountainbobb   Cross Country Rider [Jan 13, 2011]
    Strength:

great fit (nothing like custom), great paint job, the drop outs are super stiff for braking and climbing

I am still trying to find one. If there is a weak point it's me.

The bike is very efficent and it climbs great. It is very quick and nimble through the tight twisty singletrack and stable on the open decents What more do we want?

Similar Products Used: Felt nine pro
    Matt   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2008]
    Strength:

Perfect geometry, perfect welds, perfect paint, perfect custom hardtail.

I really had to stretch to think of a weakness, this is all I came up with. Seatpost tube is 29.4. Not a super common size. However, I use a shim with a 27.2 post and I am finding that the post slips about an inch over the course of a short ride, even when I clamp down super tight. I ordered another shim (27.2 to 29.6) hopfully this one will keep the post in place a bit better.

The ride is amazing. It feels perfectly efficient. It rolls so smooth, excels super quick and climbs like a scared billy goat. There are many capable custom frame builders that can build you the perfect custom hardtail. When I was ready to build mine I rushed to Indy Fab, they seem to have a special ethos and tradition that just blows my man-skirt up. They did an incredible job, and they did it relatively fast. I could not be more pleased. The frame is compliant, light, quick and handsome. I don't think I will ever part with this frame.

Similar Products Used: Clark Kent custom Ti hardtail.