Fuji Tahoe 29er 4.0 29er Hardtail

• Shifters: Shimano Alivio Rapid Fire, 27-speed
  • Cassette: Shimano Cassette, 11-34T 9sp
  • Chain: Shimano HG-73

Kerry   [Apr 09, 2015]
Strength:

Climbs and Handles Well

Seat is not very good.

I love this bike.

Frank   Weekend Warrior [Mar 08, 2012]
Strength:

Good frame. Spilled multiple times with no damages to the bike

Drive train needs to go. Derailer often shifts on me.

I was looking for a beginner bike and most of the articles I read say that the industry is going 29. It's a sturdy bike. God knows how many times I fell and the bike is ready to go. Only issue is the derailer. It shifts on me or sometimes does not go to the desired gear. I will be upgrading that as well as switching to hydraulic brakes. I think the mechanical ones that came with it cant handle the size of the bike. Good price for the bike.

PDXrider   Cross Country Rider [Nov 08, 2011]
Strength:

Frame is awesome, had to upgrade to XT/XTR drive train, whatever came with did a lot of ghost shifting and felt like it was struggling to keep up. And went all hydraulic on the brake system. But the frame seems solid.

the drive train, and stock seat.

Was a great starter bike, thought I would be commuting more, but once I got a taste of the trail riding, there is no going back. Had to upgrade some stuff, but some of that could be the biking bug. The drive train did really suck, and had to go. Dont like that all the hosing run on top of the frame, but not sure how they could have built it different (zip ties).

Similar Products Used: N/A, first bike.