Flyte Celsius 9 29er Hardtail

» Custom Double Butted 6061 aluminum tubing
» ATX (All Trail Xross-platform) geometry will accommodate forks from 70 to 125mm of travel
» 29" Wheels offer significant advantages in stability and maintaining wheel inertia
» NEW 1 1/8" oversized INTERNAL CNC machined head tube
» Hydro-Formed 52mm Top Tube with Integrated Gusset
» Hydro-Formed 60mm Down Tube with Integrated Gusset
» Hydro-Formed RADX-OS 25.4mm, tapered, and ovalized chainstays
» RADX-OS 22.2mm curved and tapered seat stays
» Extended seat tube increases stand over height while creating a smaller and stiffer front triangle.
» Brazed Water Bottle Bosses; Flyte uses brazed bosses NOT alloy pop-rivets.
» Two-Tone Velocity Paint ®
» Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
» CNC machined 68mm English threaded bottom bracket.
» Compatible with either V Brake or Disc Brake Systems (Hydraulic or Cable Actuated)
» Frame Utilizes 27.2mm Seat Post Diameter / Recommended Length = 400mm
» Frame Utilizes 31.8mm / 1 ¼” Front Derailleur Clamp (MTB: Top Pull / Top Swing)

Price: $399.00 frame only

Bob   [Mar 25, 2006]
Strength:

Unique look gets lots of attention,strong,solid feel,pretty light,handles very well.

Flat paint wore quickly at headtube from stiff hydraulic cable rub.

After three months I think this bike feels better all the time. I love the way it looks. Climbing and handling improved alot going from 100 mm stem to 120 mm. I think a 100 mm fork is perfect.I'm 5'11'and well over 200 lbs. and the frame fits me well and handles my weight perfectly. Moderate jumps and fast downhill sections are no problem at all.Climbs well once set up to get weight far enough forward.

Similar Products Used: Steel hardtail for years.
Owen Simpson   Racer [Feb 27, 2006]
Strength:

The bike climbed like a dream, killed the flats, and descended as well as my last FS. Frame was stiff and very responsive. I could keep going!

I couldn't find any (I tried)

This bike made riding fun and fast immediately. The 29" wheels lived up to all expectations and the handling was even suprisingly fast considering that I have been on other 29ers before. I looked for climbs for the first time in a long time, and only stopped riding for the day, because of cold and darkness. I would recommend this bike to everyone, there is enough room on the bike to have a race or epic ride set-up on this bike and lose 0 performance. I am definitely excited about starting this season, oh the guys from Flyte have given perfect service as well. I have no regrets at all, as a matter of fact I am going to order another one to ride as my single speed.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Rig, X-Caliber
Keith   Cross Country Rider [Mar 05, 2007]
Strength:

Geometry: it's design allows for outstanding handling until the frame breaks- which occurred approximately every 3rd time that I rode this bike.

The virtual gusset on the down tube. Even though Flyte calls it a gusset, it is actually a point of weakness. I beleive Flyte's hydro-forming of the tube, that made the virtual gusset, simply squeezed the tubing making it very thin.

DO NOT buy this bike!
I have broken two of these frames in six rides. I am stuck with a broken frame that I cannot get replaced because Flyte is either out of business or they have really bad costomer service. They assured me the first break was a fluke-NOT. I would have demanded my money back for frame #1 if I knew then what I know now.

Do NOT buy this bike.
Rating: I said 1 because there wasn't a 0 option

Similar Products Used: a lifetime of riding bikes frames that last longer than three rides
fisty   Cross Country Rider [Sep 07, 2006]
Strength:

Well put together for an inexpensive frame. The funky chain stays make the bike quite stiff latteraly yet very compliant to terrain. EBB is a great add. Climbs well and most of the geometry is good.

Slack head angle. They advertise it as 71* but more like 69* ide say. This really puts a damper on the overall handling of this bike and makes an otherwise killer hardtail less than suitable for its intended purpose.

Hold off buying this frame if your a seasoned xc rider and hope they correct the head angle issue. If they do, there will prolly be no better value on the market.