Carver Bikes 99er Ti 29er Hardtail

Love the big wheel geometry, but looking for the compliant ride and durability of Titanium? Introducing the Ti 99'er, a 3/2.5 Seamless Aerospace Titanium frame weighing only 3.2lbs. Custom Geometry available at no extra charge!

• 3/2.5 Seamless Aerospace Titanium with X-Rayed Welds
  • Machined box section head tube gusset
  • 27.2 seatpost size and 1 1/4" front derailleur size
  • Clearance for 2.6" tires
  • 6 mm. water cut dropouts with rack mounts

burger000   Cross Country Rider [Oct 13, 2011]
Strength:

Excellent Construction. It has a very clean look, especially after stickers are removed. Welds are beautiful and it's simple, light, & badass.

Long time to build w/o compensation. That's it.

I really like theis bike. I will update as I get to ride more but it seems great. Affordable titanium, great look, I have nothing negative to say. I took a long time to recieve the order but I am happy with the result. The brushed titanium is so beautiful, I mean badass. The Carver EBB works real nice so far, especially after al tthe creaking and BS I put up with with my Rig. DO NOT BUY FISHER!

Similar Products Used: Fisher Rig
eggzilla   Racer [Aug 18, 2011]
Strength:

Lightweight (although about a 1/4 pound more than advertised), solid and very professionally crafted welds with a very robust box weld below the junction of the headtube and downtube, reasonably stiff without being too punishing, ample tire clearance (currently running 2.4" tires with plenty of space for mud), and generally good frame geometry.

Short headtube allows for some forgiveness on cut steer tubes but it lacks rigidity, wheel base is slightly shorter than my full suspension 26" wheeled XC rig, 68mm bottom bracket shell relies on three spacers for most external bottom brackets and therefore loses a little bit of rigidity.

It's pretty light, coming in at 21.5 lbs with 19.5 lbs being possible after a couple more parts swaps. Climbs like a mountain goat even on steeper technical trails and doesn't flex too much. I weigh 180 lbs and it's survived multiple three foot drop ins and lots of rough rock gardens at speed. Seems to have picked up a couple dents in the downtube due to a low slung bottom bracket (only about 11 inches of clearance), but the lowered center of gravity is handy when you're cruising through technical terrain at speed. All of the welds are really clean and so far this frame has been bombproof even though I picked it up second hand.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Homegrown and Trek hardtail, though both are 26" wheeled bikes.
keithhribek   Racer [Oct 30, 2009]
Strength:

Light, Fast and Durable Frame

Most Reliable and Fastest Design on the Market. Carver does some excellent costom design work and the price is remarkable considering what some of the competion will charge. Build quality exceedes expections and I've ridden this frame day in and out for two years on epic rides without any trouble whatsoever. Titanium durablility on a working class budjet - what more could I ask for?