Bianchi Rita 29er Hardtail

• Handlebar: Truvativ XR riser
  • Rims: WTB SpeedDisc All Mountain
  • Tires: 29 x 2.30" WTB ExiWolf

steve garcia   Racer [Jul 29, 2007]
Strength:

The ride is very smooth and it rools over evrything in site.it climbs like a rocket!

bottle cages are to close together,paint is very thin so be carful, and brakes are ok. think of upgrading.

with a few upgrades this could be a bad boy. make training fun,and enjoyable.if you want fun near race ready bike to kick but than this is for you.dont think i will ride my 26 ever agian.

Similar Products Used: kona 29 and treke 69 er.
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2008]
Strength:

Overall Groupo, Lightweight, Reba, Price

Tall frontend, long chainstays, fits big so buy down a size.

I wanted to step up from the basic RL Monocog, but I didn't want to spend for a custom. The problem I foudn with most complete 29er Single Speeds is that the groupo is either off brand or low quality. The Rita and GF Rig were the only completes that had the parts I wanted for less than $1500.

I have a few long rides on the Rita now, took some time to get the Reba air pressures right; it's quite a change coming from a rigid bike. Overall I would rate the Rita very high. Though it rides differently than a rigid, it is quite precise with the Reba locked out, and the flick factor is actually better than the Monocog when things got twisty.

If you want a complete, factory bike, horizontal drops, and good outfitting, this is the best choice out there!

Similar Products Used: Redline Monocog 29, Fetish Fork, BB7's
Ben   Cross Country Rider [Apr 23, 2008]
Strength:

Lightweight, well built, good looking, great group, good value

Tall front end, flexy wheels

This is an update from my previous post, have now been riding the Rita for a over a month, have gotten a better feel for how the bike performs, changed the stem from a 100mm to a 75mm, this really helped the steering be more active (quick), also got the fork settled down. I really, really like the Rita, it is a sweet bike, great parts, and it's beautiful to look at :)

I guess the SOK 29er is taking the Rita's place, looks to have the same groupo, maybe a change in geometry, but not much different. I think this bike is underated, maybe people are put off by aluminum or maybe it's because Bianchi is lesser known. Personally, this bike and the GF Rig are the best factory complete SS 29ers out there. The only way you can do better is to build one yourself.

The horizontal stays work great, though I switched to Redline tugs cuz the Bianchis were not as tight of a fit. Now using Salsa skewers, no slippage, hammering all day on steel stuff, I'm a big guy and it's tight!

The wheels are a little flexy side to side, but this seems to be a good thing as the frame is stiff. I ride a lot with the Reba locked and tire pressure 25-30psi, and even then the ride is pretty plush. I unlock the Reba for downhills, jumping, and sometimes for uphill technical climbs. Adding a Poplock is essential, I just switch the Reba on and off too much.

Similar Products Used: Redline Monocog 29er
Dave s.   Cross Country Rider [Jan 25, 2008]
Strength:

Light, not too stiff being aluminum. Geometry is spot on for me. I'm 6' 1'' 180# on the 20in. frame. I did flip the stem, and put on a flat bar to speed things up. Also to allow me to fit between all the trees in MN.

None, a bit tall up front stock.

Have a ton of miles on the bike now, does what it needs to. No complaints.

Similar Products Used: First ss, 29er.
Dave   Cross Country Rider [Oct 02, 2007]
Strength:

No Ebb!!! compliant ride, handling, looks fun, fun, fun

well lets see, hmm cant think of any

This bike is a blast. It handles well, and somehow it smoothes out the bumps compared to my 26 inch hard tail. One of the main reasons for choosing the bianch was because of no ebb. I have heard too many horror stories concerning them. The sliding dropouts are the way to go, No creaks or slippage to worry about, and pulling the rear tire off is relitivly easy.