VooDoo Canzo 29er Full Suspension

• Headset: FSA Orbit DL
  • Hubs: American Classic MTB-350 Disc

[Oct 16, 2011]
Ace5high

Strength:

Climbs like a goat, descends great, Price, value, Everything

Have to say the paint does rub off and chip easily. Some Geo could be updated but not a deal breaker.

This ride rules, for the money and value there is no better FS 29er on the market. Stay tuned for the new Canzo because many of the older designs should be addressed. mine weighs 25.1 lbs nuf said ;)

Fisher, Trek, Motobecane, Giant

[May 09, 2011]
jasodavi35

Strength:

Climbs well, Handles great, Economical, looks great!!

My only complaint about this build is the paint!! Scratches easily!!

Love the bike!! My first 29er and I have no reason to go back!! I hope VooDoo works out the paint issue or offers anodized in the future!!!

[IMG]http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/jasodavi35/FinallyDone-2.jpg[/IMG]

Gary Fisher Cobia 29er, Specialized Epic 26er, Niner R.I.P

[Dec 03, 2010]
gmascagni

Strength:

Climbs great, downhills just as good, looks awesome. Simple top tube design for quick access to rack mount.

Rear suspension a little too active. Very high top tube. Not a big fan of RockShock

Great bike so far. Blows away any 26" Bike that I've ever ridden not even a fair comparison. If I had to make an analogy it it would be like watching analog TV compared to HD TV. That's big of a diffrence or like Watching a movie on standard 480 DVD compared to Blu Ray 1080p movie. The diffrence in performance on this 29er is dramatic when comparing it to 26" bikes. Now the Canzo 29er specifically is my first 29er and so far it's been AWESOME! Took me weeks before I got comfortable using a lefty fork on my last c-dale but I felt very comfortable the first day on the trail with this bike.

Specialized Epic, C-Dale Rush 26", Niner RIP 9 (08), Tall Boy

[Apr 21, 2010]
osvaldoom

Strength:

Very nice looking frame (mate black), stiff and nimble.

I tought that for the price, it was not a good bike. Wrong. I had a Trek Top Fuel 9.9 and I am not going back. It is nimble, fast and stiff. Excellent climber and better in the dh. I really recommend this bike.

Other 29ers

[Feb 04, 2010]
G-SHOCK

Strength:

Built up with selected parts. Decided to see what I could do on a fixed budget. I am blown away with what this frame can do with the right parts. Stiff, light, decent factory shock - new manitou shock stops pedal bob. Geometry dialed - can go all day over any terrain

Classic 4-bar slight brake jack, its not bad but it is there.

Bottom line is this, my buddy has an Epic carbon and he switched with me for a half day on a good day in Fruita. Needless to say we just built a Niner with XX group for him for this season. He got tired of always trying to keep up with me, while I was trying just to cruise along so I didnt lose him.

First 29er. Went from Nomad to this, am not getting younger and decided to get back in the endurance race thing, and tried this as my first 29er. Man am glad I did, wouldnt trade frame for anything but maybe a "tallboy". Have cross country raced with a blur, downhill raced with a v-10. Super-d'd with a heckler, bullit, and Titus Super-moto. Had fun with them all but the right 29er is where its at. I can go over any trai that I did with the Nomad and still show up for a race if needed.

[Sep 19, 2009]
jped911

Strength:

the bike is amazing it climbs like nothing i have ever rode and the larger wheel diameter helps keep the bike on track.
price 900$ for a complete bike that is about 1 season old.

none so far, some people do not like the monarch 4.1 but i have had no problems

this is my first 29er and it was an amazing deal. it is said to be the budget full suspension 29er but to me it is amazing. i have not had a lot of time in the saddel of it but on first impressions are it tracks amazingly and climbs great. i do not regret buying the bike at all.

other budget full suspension 29er's

[Jul 19, 2009]
bde1024

Strength:

Value, quality construction, geometry, riding position

Could be lighter, but hard to knock at the price. Odd paint color (flat green).

I wanted to try a 29er suspension bike without breaking the bank, and this was a great choice. The bare frame (M) with seatpost collar and shock was 6.3 lbs., which is certainly fair for a 29er at this price. About 28 lbs complete with my mishmash build. Bottom bracket is about the right height for our rocky trails, good standover, no noticeable flex, construction looks tidy, RS Monarch shock is easy to tune. Even the color is growing on me (either it's the vaguely military look or the Incredible Hulk resemblence). All in all, no complaints so far.

Variety of 29er hardtails

[Jul 19, 2009]
niteryderbat

Strength:

Handle like a 26, and price...

none so far

Perfect bike frame to start in the 29ers word... not to expensive and great geometry... about the shock.. well let you know later.. so far so good...

Fuji Tahoe SL

[Jun 22, 2009]
rusty_ss

Strength:

Stiff, plush, kind on my aging back, pretty

None so far.

This bike is awsome. Does just what I hoped. Very little bob. Stiff. Affordable. And pretty!

It does steer pretty quick with the steep HT and the G2 fork but I am getting used to that and like it. I am not a downhill bomber but would go for a different fork if I was going to do a lot of steep stuff.

Fisher Paragon, Giant Trance X

[Mar 19, 2009]
Socialed

Strength:

Cheap price, but quality product. The link system works wonderfully. It has overall Great travel.

Only available in one color. Customer Service is definitely lacking.

I had the GF 293 for about a year and loved the 29er experience. However, once I switch the the 4 bar link system, I would never go back. The difference was immense. It literally was like riding a hard tail on the 293 versus finally going full-suspension. I ride regularly with guys who have a Niner RIP9 and Niner JET9 and I feel this bike is equal to both of them. I built the bike with weight in mind and my bike is lighter than both.

Gary Fish 293, Niner RIP9, Specialized FSR,