Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon 29 29er Full Suspension

S-Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon 29

The world's most capable 29er, the full-FACT carbon S-Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon 29 has 130mm of plush and efficient FSR suspension, a Fox/Specialized remote Brain shock with AUTOSAG and Kashima coating, Fox Factory F130 RLC fork with Kashima coating and FIT damper and carbon Roval Control SL 29 142+ wheelset.

jerome   Weekend Warrior [Jun 01, 2014]
Strength:

Great Bike - Overall Good at near everything

Not really an XC bike...

A great bike, efficient the brain does an awesome job, predictive as none, good rider, great on downhill it is a BIG plus over an XC oriented bike, and it is light 11.2 kg with Time Ti pedals.
What I like out of this bike I am confident going everywhere despite the fact that I am a poor downhiller, the bike give me the margin I need on rocky terrain from the south of France in Provence.
Still it is light enough to enjoy 50kms + rides with plenty of elevation +1500m
I would love a frame more inline with the Camber that give you a feeling of a smaller bike and beefier stem.

PS: I have near the same perf on it that I have on my Camber SW at 10.6 kg.

Specialized once again blow me up - thank you
I also own a Camber SW

Similar Products Used: Camber SWorks, Intense VPP, Seven Sola and Duo, Moots Divide, Ellsworth
Bocephus39   Cross Country Rider [May 02, 2012]
Strength:

Frame Stiffness. Component Quality. Auto Sag Rear Shock. Overall Geo. Dropper Seat Post. 29" wheels!!

NONE!

I came from an XC bike and wanted something more capable for ALL MTN riding. The extra suspension travel with the more relaxed geometry is exactly what I wanted, not to mention the BIG wheels.

The Stumpy still climbs just as well as my 100mm travel XC bike. The brain in the rear shock works great. Once I got used to it, I dialed it in and now have an awesome platform for climbing, whether I'm sitting or standing.

As for downhills...with the dropper post, I can sit back and rail the descents. The brakes are huge (surprisingly quiet) and provide plenty of stopping power and the adjustable levers are very easy to use while riding.

Having 130mm travel with 29" wheels is a perfect combo for my riding style with what I typically ride. I feel like I'm riding a BMX bike whenever I get on this thing, it still amazes me each time I go for a ride.

I understand not everyone would spend the money on the S-Works, but the overall quality, design and finish on this bike, frame, and overall build leaves very little to be desired.

Awesome bike. Specialized did a great job on this build.

Similar Products Used: Pivot Mach 4
fill the void   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2012]
Strength:

Light, stiff (frame/wheels), quality of ride in variable conditions.

none yet

I have 6 rides with varying difficulty and conditions. The bike places the rider (me) in a balanced position, rides extremely quick and nimble, but stable and predictable at speed (not sluggish). Combination on stiff frame/front end and wheelset takes little effort to accelerate, hold your line at speed and through corners. The rear shock with Auto-sag has exceeded my expectations to this point, it keeps the rear planted on the ground and active. The new XX is a dream and shifts are spot on. It's great to have the two lower gears for spinning or for those over grade climbs. The wheelset may be the ace in the whole. Am running tubeless, the rotational weight feels as though they are even lighter than the suggested 1500 g. Not quite sure about the tires, at least the size. May up the front tire to the next size.

I would recommend this bike to anyone who likes to ride all types of trails, conditions, long rides and even racing or endurance events. If you are into fire roads, non-technical trails or primarily just racing, would recommend an Epic or similar. Will report again after 6 mos.