Specialized Camber Expert Carbon 29 29er Full Suspension

Camber Expert Carbon 29

With a custom Fox Triad II shock and a FIT-damped Fox Float Performance RL 29 fork the Camber Expert Carbon 29 create a lightweight and high-performance trail riding machine.

MObiker   Cross Country Rider [Oct 06, 2012]
Strength:

I've only been out on a couple rides but the stock components are good, SID fork, Fox shock, SRAM XO/X9, carbon bar. This model doesn't have the adjustable post which is fine with me. Bike is set up 2Bliss, 26 #'s without pedals.

The SID fork was speced as an RLT but it came as an RL. MY LBS called and they said they would send the valving and parts that convert it to an RLT. That is kind of irritating, like I wouldn't notice that. Anyway if it all works out as planned I'll be okay. The bike came with Fast Trak tires, I would have preferred Control Trak. Not a huge thing to convert later.

This is a review for the 2013 Expert EVO R. I came from a 2008 Spec 29er HT. The combination of the 2Bliss at 25 psi and the 110 of travel provides a fairly smooth ride. I wouldn't call it plush, you can still feel the bumps but a huge change from the Stumpy HT. I kind of wish I could have demoed a Stumpy FSR. I need to get used to the 24/38 options on the front. I had a 1 x 9 on the HT and I might end up 1 x 10 before too long on this bike. No big mountains where I live. I really like the color scheme on this bike. I think this will be a good ride for me. I typically run one lap at the local trail and my hands are numb and butt sore. last time out I did two laps and apart from some sore legs felt great. I wouldn't call this a racing bike but definitely a good all around trail bike if that is what you are looking for. I am 5-11, 32 in seam and the size L seems to fit real well.

OVERALL