Scott Spark 29 Team 29er Full Suspension

The Spark 29 Team is a full suspension aluminum 29er with Shimano SLX derailleurs and Avid brakes which is lightweight, durable, affordable and retains all the great geometry and ride of its carbon cousins.

• Frame: Spark 29 alloy 6061
  • Fork: Rock Shox Recon Silver 29 RL air, lockout, 100mm
  • Shock: DT Swiss M210 ABS, Lockout, 100mm
  • Group set: Shimano SLX / Deore
  • Brakes: Avid Elixir 1 disc

• User Reviews (5)

Willem   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2013]
    Strength:

Excellent value for money - very fast, an all-rounder - stable and solid ride on a rigid frame - performs especially well on agressive downhills.

A bit heavy but to be expected in its class. The only real complaint I have is the brakes. The AVID brakes simply do not cut it.

I cannot think of a better entry level full suspension cross country bike. Will put a smile on your face I am certain - it still does with me

Marcelo   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2012]
    Strength:

Dual lock suspension, very light for the size - XL, very stiff frame, is a plush in descents.

Not found yet

Is a little pricy, specially down here in Brasil, but this bike put a big smile in my face. My previous bike was a KHS XC204, after breaking the 4th frame in the same place, I decide go up and get a real bike.

Barney K   [Jun 11, 2012]
    Strength:

Race geometry, Double lock-out

Miss-mash of components, mostly low-end parts.

Scott has made it's name in racing. So, i expected that they would be able to make an entry level package that would work until I could afford the parts I would like it to have. However, I'm afraid it won't make it that much further without a necessary upgrade. First thing were the forks... i noticed the writing viewable from above, on only one side of the tire. I wish I had noticed this before riding it on the trail. But, the forks must have had too much paint on one of the drop-outs causing it to run closer to one of the fork blades than the other. Scott is in the process of replacing the lowers. They should have over-nighted them, it has been more than a week. next is the DT Swiss M210. It bobs on climbs and descents, never giving me the full lockout experience. After struggling with the feel of the shifting/breaking compartment, I rode around the street to feel out the position of my levers, the shock began gasping for air on every rebound, causing me to remember the steam-engine sound of shocks when they first hit the market. So with years of hard riding and many broken parts of unknown composites, I found this bike to be a very fast grocery getter, but once on the trail, it's short-comings are obvious, limiting and frustrating. I would save for an extra few months and get a bike with components that are going to stand up to serious trail use.

crazybeach   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2012]
    Strength:

The drivetrain, Twinloc, Rocket Rons

Weight, Wheels, Brakes

This bike is a bike that knows how to go fast and has amazing potential. It is on the heavy side, my large coming in at 30 lb. 13 oz. I personally like the Shimano drivetrain because it is more of a shift on demand in my opinion. The thing that sold me on the bike was the Twinloc it is something unique that scott has made and it is so much easier than reaching all over to change suspension settings, a common misconseption with the the Twinloc is that the 29er only has 2 setting since it is only 100 mm in the back, so you are either full lockout or fully engaged. The tires are amazing anyone looking for a new tire I would reqemend the Rocket Rons because of there weight at 680 grams and how much they seem to bite without slowing you down. Like i stated earlier it is a little on the heavy side but there is room for improvement in rotational weight with the Alex XC 49 comming in at 2,180 grams but you can easily lose weight by converting to a nicer wheelset. Two more good upgrades would be converting to tubeless, and upgrading brakes but the Avid Elixer 1 are not cutting it. Despite constant complaint from their customers avid has failed to fix the "Squable" associated with their entry level brakes. Overall this is a good bike build for speed and loaded with tons of potential.

Similar Products Used: Trek Hifi Plus 29
    eric davis   Weekend Warrior [Jan 09, 2012]
    Strength:

Superb build quality and looks gears and suspention very accurate and responsive

Bars are about 2 inches too wide but will have reduced

This 29er is such a big step forward both in ride comfort and speed over almost all terrain.The group I ride regular with can't believe the difference 29er is over the standard on all runs, we cover climbing rock, wet fast carving downhill and flat fast fireroads, very impressive.
    Not as nimble at first but after 100k in the hills it started to feel like a part of you.
    This has to be the way forward and kit for buck its well up there
    Needless to say very very happy and It looks like I have convinced the rest of my crew that it is a serious advantage
    My first ever comment on line re Mountain Bikes so don't bother giving me greif about it hope it was helpfill
    Scott Bikes can send any funds and spares to above address ha!
    Cheers