Pivot Cycles Switchblade 29er Full Suspension

• Switchblade XT
  • Switchblade XTR
  • Switchblade Pro 1X

The Butcher   [Mar 07, 2018]
Pros: Favorite bike ever. Liked my first one so much, I bought a second one as a back up! I'm a big guy (6'6", 300lbs.), and this is just the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. As the terrain gets more aggressive, it just wants to go faster, and it will soak up just about anything I've thrown at it (which isn't too crazy since I'm in Texas). I've owned a Rip9 Carbon, Intense Carbine 29, SC Hightower (non-LT), and a Pivot Mach 429SL, and the Switchblade is by far my favorite. Easy to manual, and fairly quick turning radius for something that feels as comfortable and slack as it is. Did I mention it is my favorite bike ever? SB1 set up: XX1 Eagle, Reynolds/i9 carbon hoops, Loaded 840mm bars (love these!), Next seat post, Next cranks, Racing Ralph front tire, Saguaro Rear tire. SB2 set up: XO1 Eagle, Reynolds/i9 carbon hoops, Pivot 800mm bar (don't love these), Fox Transfer 150mm, Next cranks, Aggressor F/R tires.
Cons: None so far, but more technical (ie, better) riders might feel it isn't as snappy as they would like. At my height and weight it does everything I need it to do and it does it in comfort!
Price: -   New/Used: New   Model Year: 2017