Moots Mooto XZ 29er Full Suspension

29’’ wheels in a dual suspension platform for those rides that take you to the backcountry and back again. 4’’ of plush travel give a new dimension to 29’’ wheel technology. Confidently charging a nasty line soon becomes the norm while riding this bike. It almost feels like cheating after you cleaned the un-cleanable line you have always avoided around. Our MARC (matched arc) suspension design eliminates pivot at the rear, giving this bike a solid feel throughout the travel, while reducing weight and maintenance. The MootoXZ frame mates a 6061 alloy rear triangle mated to our Moots Pi Tech seamless 3/2.5 titanium front and comes equipped with a Fox RP23 rear shock with ProPedal. Available in 5 stock sizes and custom designs.

• 5 stock sizes: 16.5, 18, 19, 20, 22
  • Sapa aluminum rear end

Read the Pro Review on the Moots Mooto-XZ Here>>

• User Reviews (2)

marvelmike   Weekend Warrior [Aug 15, 2010]
    Strength:

Drives great, standard 18" frame for me at 5'9". Dealer recommended to go for "if in doubt go smaller on 29"-er bike". Wheels are big and lift frame. He was right.
    Bike climbs well - no "breaking through ice"-effect for me @170lbs driver weight.
    Wonderful craftsmanship.

Long delivery time - three times longer than initially announced. In the end it was not only the frame that took longer. I cannot judge if it was dealer, Moots, summer vacation time or overall supply chain issues in bike industry.

Cost: Worth every penny.

I tried the Specilized EPIC 29" for a weekend. At roughly half the price it came only in white and fully preconfigured. Already way too expensive to make such compromizes.

Also, on the EPIC I observed the "breaking through ice"-effect on steep climbs, which really upset me. By that I mean you pull on the handle really hard and apply pressure to the pedal and suddenly the bike dives in, but no major advancement.

Regarding the Moots: Drives great, no bop, no breaking through ice for me.

Bottomline: If you don't make such an investment every ten years or so, don't compromise - go for it!

Similar Products Used: Specialized EPIC 29"
    OVERALL
    ridet1t1   Cross Country Rider [Jul 11, 2009]
    Strength:

crazy good climber over anything technical, super stable while downhilling and cornering

takes a little longer to pedal up to speed on a flat but barley noticable.

hands down the most fun I have ever had on a bike on the Colorado Trail. I smoked my normal climbing times as the bike powers over everything; so much torque being transferred to the rear wheel. it felt super stable and confident on downhills and in the corners. if i had 7 grand I'd buy it