Lenz Sport Behemoth 29er Full Suspension

The Lenz Sport Behemoth was the first long travel All Mountain 29er mountain bike, and it has proven itself to perform and last under the abuse of the most aggressive trail riders. This Lenz bike features 5 inches of plush travel and incorporates our revolutionary short rear geomrtry necessary to give longer travel 29ers balanced handling with no nose dive.

• 5 inches of travel front and rear
  • Works with 120mm, 130mm, 135mm, and 140mm forks
  • Lighweight and durable press-fit downtube
  • 135mm rear wheel spacing (10mm through axle or bolt on hub recommended)
  • Recommended 20mm through axle front fork

bionicman   Weekend Warrior [Nov 11, 2011]
Strength:

Climbing, stiff, balanced feel

The bike was worth the wait. Its very balance front to rear with a lively feel for a 29er. It climbs well while keeping the front end planted but easy to loft the front over obstacles. It descends well too. Very happy with the bike as I built it up as an all day all mountain bike!

Similar Products Used: Stumpjumper 29, niner rip 9, niner wfo
bonesetter2004   Weekend Warrior [Jun 17, 2009]
Strength:

Extremely capable trail bike, with DH capability; slack HTA; short chainstays; holds it's line without so much as a flinch; very solid feel; climbs without issue no need for PP; Very confidence inspiring; and biggest plus - huge fun.

Front derailleur is problematic to get working right. Tried to run a 20t granny but failed as der would not go low enough despite modification of the cage it still fouls on the main pivot swing arm.
Other than that could perhaps do with a tad more rear tyre clearance. RR 2.4 will get small stones caught in the CS yoke.

Expensive for me here in the UK, but I can't blame Lenz for that

5 very long months of waiting! Ordering out of season seems a bad idea

Having owned Niners for the past two years with their relatively steep HTA's, I was looking forward to the slacked out Lenz. The Niner's felt nervy on steep downs, when encountering an obstacle on a steep, there was a tendency for the front wheel to want to be pushed underneath with the fork not riding up its stroke - an endo feeling.

I ran a WB F135 to begin with which made the bike feel heavy and slow. Changing to the Reba Team Maxle transformed the bike making it lively and light. I think the WB's would be more suited if you're doing bigger chunk/rocks etc.

I also went for a size smaller with the Lenz. Overall, I have found the bike has changed my riding style by a big margin. I ride the bike 'from the rear wheel' alot of the time, sort of BMX stylee. With singletrack bends, lean back, lift and yank the front around, back on the pedal power and out. I run the GD 1" down for singletrack/general riding and combined with the short CS's it makes for a light and very playful front. I am constantly lifting the front over stuff, and am all over the bike. The Behemoth is a huge amount of fun. More fun than the Niners, although TBF they were a little too big for me (25.25 ETT, Lenz 2" shorter!).

I have been converted to a slack front, short CS's and a smaller frame for my 29er bike. For my type of riding - wooded singletrack, steep snakes and ladders short up and downs, fast rutted long descents, and generally playing - wheelie dropping off and on stuff, I'm lovin' it.

Similar Products Used: Niner RIP 9 & SIR 9
Tom the bomb   Weekend Warrior [Feb 15, 2009]
Strength:

Very solid and quiet., I love the look.

Can't run a triple , The front derallieur need special configuration to work correctly, devon will give you the 411 but it should be in bike build info.

This bike begs to be hammered standing and ridden hard downhill, jumps smooth and balanced. The short chain stays make this bike handle the switchies with ease unlike any other 29r I have ridden. The rp23 needs to have the medium compression setting from the factory in my opinion. It will handle the rough stuff better and be able to run a little more rebound. Flip the propedal on the shock and go baby, this bike moves forward. The xxl fits me perfect. I am 6'4" . I put a white bros. fluid on it and have finally gotten it figured out. This fork is a little finniky, The key is to run 5 -6 pumps of air in the comp side. I also installed a bottom out spring in the spring side. As is this thing floats over everthing. I seem to be riding this bike over everything else.

Similar Products Used: pivot 429 , Ellsw evolve, turner dw sultan, kona 29r
TONY ACCURSO   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2007]
Strength:

STREGNTH, FOR ONE. ALSO, QUALITY, DESIGN, EXECUTION, REALLY EVERYTHING

NONE

The bottom line is...the best bike I've ever ridden. Rocks, rollers, rocky stream crossings, climbs, single track, fire roads, drops. It does it all. Rails turns.
Built up 31 lbs., doesnt feel like it.
Great job, Devin.

Similar Products Used: Lots and lots of other bikes, 26 and 29
Brett   Racer [Mar 29, 2007]
Strength:

this bike kicks ass. it corners on rails, it fits.... not many bike makers make bikes big enough for my 6'8" Frame

Trying to find a good long travel fork that I can afford in 29". price "yes I know it is hand built in America" thats what makes it so good..

I love this bike after so many years riding hardtails and bikes that are to small the first day I rode it I could climb hills I had never climbed before....

Similar Products Used: Gary fisher super caliber
crashtestdummy   Cross Country Rider [Nov 16, 2007]
Strength:

Well built bike, 5" of travel, light for it's size and travel. Unique. 29" wheels.

I love this bike. It fits me great (XL) and is perfect for the type of riding I do. Devin Lenz has great customer service. This is a great bike for tall riders. 29" tires are perfect for rides like Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek.