Ghost AMR 29er Full Suspension

• Headset: Ritchey tapered
  • Handlebars: Ghost Flat light 31.8mm

[Aug 09, 2013]
Dan

Strength:

Great climber
Fast descending, very stable
Confidence inspiring
Solid feel
Quality suspension design
Great build, no weak spots

Possibly weight (needle bearing are heavier than bushings but more durable)
Would like a wider bar than 700mm stock. 720 would be awesome with a 60mm stem instead of the 80mm

The 29 inch wheels combined with the slack (for a xc bike) head tube angle create a very stable, confidence inspiring platform that works very well for technical single track. I have ridden sketchy sections with this bike that when i get through I think how did I do that? The combo of short-ish chainstays and a slack-ish head tube angle create a very fun bike that works great for singletrack riding.

Technical, steep climbs? no problem. I always used to slam the stem and flip it in the past. I have my 2955 setup with the front end higher than it's ever been to bring my weight back and on the climbs have not noticed any front wheel wandering like I did on my 130mm travel kona satori. This bike climbs like a dream for a 28lb FS 29er. The horst link suspension definitely helps immensely with it's climbing ability. Pedal bob is almost eliminated with this suspension linkage/fox shock ctd lockout set to trail mode.
The component spec is great on the 2955.

I have found the 2955 acts like it has more than 100mm of travel. The 29 inch wheels make it feel very stable in technical sections and it seems to track very well with the stiff front end. Great bike for all levels of riders. Overall this bike rocks and I think I've found something I can settle on.