Fuji Reveal 29 29er Full Suspension

Jwiffle   All Mountain Rider [Oct 10, 2016]
Strength:

Pedals very well. Pretty light. Plenty of travel front and rear - 125mm Rear, 130mm front is about perfect for most trail / all-mountain riding with a 29er. External cable routing.

Had to get a larger volume canister for the shock to really get full travel, but once did so, was great. It won't fit plus tires (ok, not really a weakness, as it was not designed to be a plus bike - it has plenty of room with 29x2.3 tires, can probably fit 2.5s without issue). Didn't come with a dropper post or routing for one. The stock Avid brakes weren't that great.

This review is for the 2014 1.1 model (which the picture showss) MSRP was actually $3700, not $2949. I own a shop, so I purchased it as an employee purchase straight from Fuji. I did make several modifications/upgrades from stock. I installed carbon rims laced to Hope hubs, a carbon handlebar, a dropper post (just routed external line zip tied along with other cables), an X0 Type 2 rear derailleur (came with a standard X0). Upgraded brakes to SRAM Guide RCS with a 203 fr/180rr.

This bike met my expectations, though didn't necessarily exceed them. The FSR suspension pedaled pretty well, an the suspension worked, though I had to put the larger air canister on the rear shock to really make full use of the travel. Took some experimentation to get the front fork to feel the way I wanted. The bike was significantly lighter than my previous bike (a pre-production Banshee Priime), and a little more XC oriented, which is what I wanted since I was planning to do more endurance races with a lot of climbing. This bike definitely climbed better, and more than just the weight - the geo was better for climbing, too. The BB was a little on the low side, which kept the center or gravity low, but resulted in more pedal strikes since I was used to a bike with a higher BB. It did pretty well on descents, but isn't the most downhill-oriented bike. I'd classify this bike as a long travel XC or trail bike on the All-Mountain spectrum rather than toward the Freeride side.

I'd probably have kept this bike for several more years, but I bought a plus bike as a rigid ss, and I really like it. Now I want a full suspension plus bike, so had to get rid of it.