Fuji Outland 29 RC 29er Full Suspension

• Rock Shox Domain fork
  • New Shimano SLX components

• User Reviews (4)

jhc   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2011]
    Strength:

Price to Performance Ratio. The thing retailed for $4500 when it was made in 2009-2010. You can get one complete for 2K on eBay.

Just like any FS, it isn't light, but does climb well when you lock out the rear susp.

This is a great bike. I've beaten the hell out of it these past 6 months after purchasing it almost brand new from a guy on eBay who never rode it. I slapped some new rims on it and it was good to go. Very responsive and fun to ride. Finished my first race with it recently as was very impressed with how it performed. Overall, you get really high end components and a great suspension system with this rig. If it was a touch lighter and had an RP2 or RP23, she'd be perfect for me.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher, UJ.
    tomboyjr   Cross Country Rider [Jun 20, 2011]
    Strength:

First 29er, but loving the way it hooks up for climbing.

Maybe weight, which isnt even that bad

I bought this frame on ebay and built it up with stuff I had laying around. Wanted to try the 29er thing. Dont see it as better or worse than my Yeti 575, just a bit different. More XC maybe. Its a stiffer ride than I am used to but not much. But in the first few ride I've climbed short steep hills and rocks that Ive only done a few times on the Yeti.
    I'd like it more with lighter parts I'm sure. But it convinced me that 29ers have their place.

Similar Products Used: none
    jphope   Cross Country Rider [Mar 27, 2011]
    Strength:

Lightweight cross country niner that can handle anything in the cross country relm. Great stability in the rocky terrain. Handles big rocks with ease like all niners yet there is little drawback in weight.

Not quite enough travel for an all around trail bike.

I love this bike and would recommend it for cross country riders who want the advantages of 29ers. Minimal suspension means great energy transfer and the ability to power through anything. a great price for a bike that comes great out of the box. Highly recommended.

Bob   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2009]
    Strength:

A dual suspension 29'er is an amazing combination. I'm delighted how often I'm in the big ring and cruising through sections that used to require a lot more effort. It rolls over all trail "noise", floats over/powers through mud, handles tight,rooty/rocky technical sections with ease. Climbs are easily handled seated (I appreciate the 34 tooth granny!), and for the few times you need to stand and power up, it's very responsive. Downhill sections of single track are ear to ear grins! The handlebar located lockout for the front forks is a nice touch. Brakes, shifting, suspension--everything works precisely and felt comfortable from the first time I rode it.

The adjustment on the shock (full, 1/2, locked out) is not easy to find in the heat of battle. However, I found that even for extended climbs the middle position is fine. For everything else I leave it in the softest setting. Properly set up it's compliant and smooth with minimal bob. The lockout isn't really needed.

At a little over 27 lbs. this bike has everything you'd want for a trail bike: 4" of very tunable, compliant suspension front and rear, good handling in switchbacks (with the 23" bar) and the "roll over everything" 29 inch wheels. I highly recommend it to anyone who's still riding a hardtail or a 26" bike. This is a super bike for day-long rides or for a 1 hr. workout on my technical practice trail.

In terms of who shouldn't buy this bike, I guess if you're a big hit downhiller or super competitive cross country rider you wouldn't want it.

As this was Tom's personal bike, I had a chance to buy it used at a great discount off of $4700 MSRP. As a result I think it's an awesome value and everything about the bike works together for an outstanding ride. There's certainly no buyer remorse here!