Diamondback Mason FS 29er Full Suspension

Diamondback Mason FS 29er Full Suspension

• Frame: Mason FS 29" All Mountain 140mm travel Full Suspension Frame, 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/formed Top Tube, Butted / Formed Down Tube / Seatstays, Tapered Head Tube, ISCG, 142x12mm Maxle Drop out

[Jan 23, 2015]
engineerjoe
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Great component spec!!
Rigid rear triangle.
Great geometry for pedal up - BOMB down

Long chainstays
not a "cutting edge" rear suspension design

I got a great deal on a Demo Mason FS PRO. The components spec with the Easton Haven wheels and Fox CTD suspension was hard to pass up.
My biggest reservation before buying this bike was the 2000's era single pivot rear suspension design. On the first couple rides, I have been pleasantly surprised with the performance of the rear suspension. It works great when you match the CTD on the shock to the trail conditions, but can be a little bouncy if pedaling in "D". It stays active except under Very heavy braking.

The best thing about this bike is the geometry. Climbs better than my Stumpjumper did because the longer chainstays keep the front wheel on the ground and the 66.5 deg HT just wants to go faster on the downhills.

I originally thought I would buy the bike and replace the frame within the first couple years, but the more I ride it, the more I like it. Overall a great value.