Canyon Nerve AL 8.9 29er Full Suspension

• Hubs: Mavic Crossride 29 Disc

[Feb 21, 2015]
DartBikeMud
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Traction, rockets up climbs, handling is epic, after the 2nd ride I felt like I was back on a 26er on the downhills

No dropper post, suspension will need setting up correctly, original seat was horrendous

Bought this in Jan, i've done 160miles off road on it now and it's quite simply brilliant. It's taken all manner of battering in snow / trail centres / moorland riding.
The original seat was way too wide for my liking, switched to a Fizik (which was 125g lighter too!) and went tubeless the day I bought it.
I've never seen the need for a dropper post on any of my older bikes but this is so quick I'm dropping my post on the QR on the descents so I can shift my weight about more for some jumps!
Canyon support has been really helpful too, before I rode the bike I went tubeless, the rear tyre had a small split in it which was proving difficult for the latex to seal, I contacted them and they sent me out a new tyre within a week.
It has a triple ring up front which might not be to some peoples liking but my moorlands riding has some speedy sections where I find this useful.