BMC Trailfox TF02 29er Full Suspension

Silentfoe   [Feb 06, 2018]
Pros: Nimble, big travel trail bike that pedals very well. I own the 2017 TF02. I've put 1K miles on it since purchasing in September 17. My upgrades include ENVE wheels, XX1 cassette and RD. Race Face SixC carbon 800mm handle bar, Rock Shox 1x dropper remote, Race Face Next SL cranks w/26 tooth ring, MRP cartridge damper for RS Pike fork, Ergon carbon saddle, Continental Der Baron tires 2.4 inches Bike weight as built is 29.8 pounds with XT pedals. Size Large I am a dual short link suspension fan. The BMC APS design, coupled with the Cane Creek shock, set with the accompanying APP for my weight and suggested compression settings, is a very impressive pedaler. I come from a FS XC background and was worried I would feel excessive bob while riding a 150mm bike. I don't. It rides high in its travel with 30mm of sag. I ride technical trails, up and down, and never feel like the bike is robbing me of forward momentum. The 67 degree head angle is slack enough to inspire confidence yet holds its own in tight, twisting terrain. The new generation of Long, Low, Slack bikes tend to have issues with pedal strikes. I've found this to be true, and frustrating, with several bikes in this class. While running 175mm cranks and my set sag level, I have no more pedal strikes than I did on my XC bike. I can hit technical sections with confidence and without worrying about being knocked off my bike.
Cons: Weight. It took all of my listed upgrades to get the bike under 30lbs. That can get expensive quickly. I think a carbon framed trail bike has no business being over 30.
Price: Retail   New/Used: New   Model Year: 2017