Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 27.5 Full Suspension

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 27.5 Full Suspension

Slacker head angle and 150mm of front and rear travel. The Comp EVO features a custom FOX Float CTD Evolution shock with AUTOSAG, RockShox Revelation RC3 fork, and a 2.3" Specialized Butcher Control front tire.

[Aug 03, 2014]
Jérôme Tordo

Strength:

Efficient - Light - Quality - Integration

Geometry : very large frame Specialized put the rider IN the bike - good for fast downhill but that is it.

Nice bike and the 27.5 are a great improvement over the 29" but even the frame is very high on the front and you feel like you are IN the bike not on the bike.

You are riding on a rail, fast and secure but not a position I like.

My 27.5 Trigger is a much better trail bike.

The Stumpjumper FSR has evolved as an enduro bike.

Stumpjumper 29" 2014 SW
Camber 29" SW
Trigger Black
Trigger Carbon 1
Epic SW FSR

[Aug 01, 2014]
hags707

Strength:

Nimble, rails corners, comfortable suspension, decent part spec for price, fun, jumpy fun bike, rips single track, climbs very well, no need to upgrade has most of the stuff most people want included.

brakes rear needs bleed and front has a click in the lever, price could be better, low bb height need to time pedal stroke

Some people have a hate on for this bike because of the 29er front frame, let them drink the haterade I have no brand loyalty. Ride it and give it a honest ride and i am sure you will love it. This a huge upgrade over my last F/S bike it is what I wanted in a bike Fun and jumpy love's to rip single track and is fun descending I don't hit big stuff but love speed and small air. I feel with this bike I am pushing harder and not as beat up from longer rides. I leave shock in descent except when long smooth climbs.

Rocky Mountain element 50 MSL

[Jun 16, 2014]
Ashley

Strength:

Value for money. I absolutely love this bike. I purchased this bike for the fun factor and to improve my downhill skills. Heard a lot about the 650B wheel size and therefore wanted the benefits of increased rolling efficiency without loosing the responsiveness. Obviously this bike handles really well on the down hills, but I am amazed with how well this bike climbs. For a 150 mm travel bike, this thing climbs everything my S-Works Camber does. I think it has a lot t do with the FSR and new Fox shock. I also love the 750 mm wide bars too. Soooo happy that Specialized have gone with Shimano brakes again. I would not have bought this bike if they had Formula or Avid again.

I love the matt black, but the Aussie green and yellow wouldn't be my first choice. It is growing on me, slowly..... The only other weakness I can find is the overall weight as it's on the heavy side. Although, I do have an XL and it weighs in at 14 kgs (with peddles and bottle cage), so no that bad. I could have spent another $3k and gone the carbon version, but honestly, this is my winter fun bike which I want to thrush...

Overall, this bike absolutely rocks. However, I can only compare this to the other bikes I have or present own (i.e. 26 inch Scott Comp Hard Tail, 26 inch Giant Trance Advanced SL 1, 26 inch Merida 96 HFS 3000, 29 inch Specialized Camber FSR Pro). Apart from my Camber, this bike is the best bike I have ridden. I find myself wanting to spend more time on the trails and hitting technical tracks which I historically avoided. So if you are looking for a value for money fun bike I would seriously consider test riding one.

[Apr 14, 2014]
AJ

Strength:

great over all package for the money

I found none

I had my dealer remove the stock Revelation fork and upgraded to a 160mm pike dual air because I weigh 185lbs and like a really solid fork.
My normal ride before this bike was a Turner RFX with marzocchi 66 and fox DHX5.
I have three rides on the bike now in the first week. last one was 25 miles with 4600 ft of climbing and a 1:15 hour decent. loose shale, nasty rock gardens, slow speed tech and high speed flowing. The bike handed it all great. I used the recommended pressure in the Pike and added 20 psi rear after auto sag. I also removed the tubes and put on stans valve stems, added sealant and inflated the tires.The 2 Bliss ready is the real deal in only took 30 minute to convert. This thing rocks! The only thing I will change is the rear tire. the Butcher up front is fine. the Purgatory rear can't keep up with the front descending. Climbing was great for and am/trail bike. I put the rear shock on decend when climbing through baseball size river rock and it tracked great. I have never felt so fresh after that much climbing. I can't wait to try this at the bike park!