Santa Cruz Solo 27.5 Full Suspension

• Frame Weight: 2295g (5.06lbs) for size M, carbon
  • 142mm rear axle spacing
  • 2x bottle cage mounts
  • Forged upper and lower links
  • Double sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance

GnarBrahWyo   All Mountain Rider [Jan 30, 2016]
Strength:

Great acceleration, snappy handling, very maneuverable, flick-able and fun, Great suspension response when climbing. Very comfortable riding position. Relatively short seat tube length allows room for dropper and for rider to real low on descents.

125 mm + VPP suspension feels inactive on descents. Somewhat poor small bump compliance on rear. Needs a bigger hit to activate. Short chainstays tend to make the font end float and wander on technical climbs. Low BB causes fair amount of pedal strikes on technical terrain

I wanted a do-it-all trail bike that I could use for occasional XC racing, long exploring missions and more technical trails. I believe I picked a good bike. I ditched the crappy Fox 32 130 mm fork and added a 140 Pike (within Santa Cruz's recommended travel rating) and it really added a lot to the bike.
This bike is low slung and more meant for aggressive XC/intermediate trails. On more technical/difficult trails the low BB has gotten me into some trouble.
Overall I think the Solo/5010 is enough bike for 80% of riders out there. I would recommend this to others interested in a mid-travel trail bike.

OVERALL