Norco Range Killer 27.5 Full Suspension

All mountain riding is all about freedom. It’s about the thrill of heading deep into the wilderness to discover secrets held by unfamiliar trails. As versatile as the riders who inspired its design, the Range Killer B is a catalyst for adventure. 650B wheels enhance climbing and descending capability, delivering such a complete ride experience that the Range might end up being the only bike that ever leaves your garage.

• Frame: 2013 Range 650 frame 160 mm travel
  • Fork: 34 TALAS 29/650B CTD O/C (1.5T, 15QR)
  • Rear Shock: Float CTD BV SV - Performance (10 mm hardware)
  • Rims: Sun Inferno 27 650B welded
  • Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 650B x 2.35 folding

Mark   Weekend Warrior [Mar 24, 2014]

Burly. Climbs as well as it decends. Does everything well.

The cheaper Deore hubs may have to go, but time will tell

This review is actually for the 2014 Range 7.1 aluminum.
This bike has amazed me! I came off a Kona Honzo 29er which was an awesome bike in its own right, but the Range is just more fun in every aspect. 27.5 really does seem to strike a nice balance between the two other sizes. I looked at a Norco Sight last summer but am glad I decided on the Range. I'm sure it gives up a bit of efficiency and weight to the Sight, but Coming from my Kona the Range pedals exceptionally well, and with a 2x10 setup, makes climbing fun again. Of course it descends with complete confidence and control over everything I have the guts to ride, and is certainly what this bike does best. That being said, it is really the bikes versatility that blows me away. I know there are many great bikes in this category, but the Range was one of the first and is easily the most fun Ive had on a bike. On a 27.5 note: I think many odd sized people struggle with the sizing of the larger and smaller wheel sizes. Speaking for myself Im built like a Gorilla with long torso and arms but short legs. The 27.5 size gives me better standover than 29 but still with that similar "sit in the bike feel" of a 29er. Then you get the agility of a 26 without the "perched on top" feel. The Range fits me perfectly.
On a shop note: Medford Cycle Sport is one of the best bike shops in the valley. I had looked at a Devinci Troy and a Kona Process before ultimately deciding on the Range, and my shop experience had a lot to do with that. Knowledgeable, great attitude, just a great bunch of guys.

Similar Products Used: Ridden: a Nomad, Felt Redemption, Owned: KHS AM2000, ON ONE 456 summer season, and Kona Honzo