Ellsworth Epiphany XC 27.5 Full Suspension

The Epiphany has long been considered the industry bench mark for fully active long travel trail bikes, referred to by the press as the "Holy Grail of Trail Bikes". The Epiphany Carbon brings us the Ellsworth Aerospace Carbon Material and HD, High Pressure molding techniques in the beloved Epiphany configuration. The Zero Energy Loss, Fully Active Suspension--pretty much says it--it's on all the time for increased traction and control and less rider fatigue, but has ZERO energy lost to the suspension. There's really nothing like it, and with the new Carbon Front Triangle, and the 27.5" wheels, this beauty is a performer.

JCL   All Mountain Rider [Jul 15, 2015]
Strength:

Climbs like a goat, plush downhill travel, light, stiff, lifetime warranty

price (unless you can find a sale)

This is an amazing bike! It has 150mm of travel and it climbs like it has 100mm! It descends like a downhill bike, very smooth and plush. The bike is agile, lightweight and responsive. I think the head tub angle is perfect for the bike even though many others say it is too steep. (Any slacker and this bike would feel like an endure bike). I demoed bikes for over a year and I loved this bike more than any other I rode. When I found out the price ($7500) I was depressed knowing I would never own one if I wanted to stay married. Then I found a crazy deal online and purchased it at 65% off! SCORE!!

Ellsworth is in the process of revamping their company and they are about to introduce their new branding and new line-up. Their customer service for me has been outstanding! I was a little nervous about the company as they seemed to fall out of the bike scene in the past year but when I confronted them via email they responded quickly and explained that they are focusing on rebuilding the brand and have a new logo and fresh new ICT suspension that is expected to launch this fall. I think Ellsworth is positioning themselves to become bigger and better in the future. I would by this bike again in a heartbeat!! Don't judge this bike without riding it first. This is a blast to ride!

Similar Products Used: Pivot Mach4, Pivot Mach6, Stump Jumper FSR 2015, Yeti SB-75, Yeti SB-5C, Santa Cruz Tallboy, Santa Cruz 5010, Giant Reign,
OVERALL
wjc1   Weekend Warrior [Jun 26, 2014]
Strength:

Light, stiff, climbs like a mountain goat

price

Demo'd a medium a few weeks ago In Rochester NY.
i ride an Ellsworth TRUTH and i was blown away by how well this thing rode.
it sucked up roots like they weren't there.
it climbed better than my TRUTH because it sucked up roots and maintained traction (and seemed lighter and stiffer).
i'm in the process of buying a frame/fork and building it up.
i'll provide and when complete.