Pacenti Cycles Neo-Moto 27.5 Tires

Pacenti Cycles Neo-Moto 27.5 Tires

Introducing the world’s first true 650B MTB tire. The Neo-Moto is already going down as one of the best performing All Condition / All Mountain MTB tires available regardless of wheel size. This tire rolls incredibly fast for its size and its cornering grip is unparalleled. But don't take our word for it; see what riders are saying about this seminal 650B mountain bike tire.

• Size: 650B x 2.30” [approx. 27.7” wheel diameter]
  • Made in Japan

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 30, 2014]
    Andrea

Strength:

Good grip, corners nicely, rolls well.

Paper thin. Tears easily. Had set up tubeless 30-35psi and I've torn two of these, each within first few rides and both in the tread. My trails are smooth and fast, w very few rocks - and I'm 130lbs. I'd love them if they were more durable.

Awesome if they don't tear.

[Sep 04, 2012]
    Prophet Julio

Strength:

Grip, cornering, traction and rolling resistance. Strong construction, over 500 miles and they are doing great. No cuts, tears or ripped knobs.

None, other than availability. It was tough to find them, but I am glad that I did.

The Neo Moto is probably the best tire that I have had. They have a nice progressive feel as you lean into a turn. They grip as well as anything I have had (close to the Nevegal 2.35) but they roll much better. They are set up tubeless with Stan's sealant and they have been rock solid here in the rock strewn, root laden trails of New England with lots of thorns. I run them at 28 PSI front and back.

[Jun 10, 2012]
    doismellbacon

Strength:

Just about everything.... It's ________ enough for almost any "trail" purpose.
    Insert any of the following in that sentence.... light, fast, tough, grippy, burly, durable, fat... I'm probably missing some. Wears well, rolls fast, hooks up great climbing, cornering, or braking.

Such a great all-rounder can't be the best at the extremes.... It's too much tire for smooth XC race courses. It's not big & burly enough, nor soft & sticky enough to be the boss on extreme sloppy big hit downhill runs.... but it pretty much nails everything in between. Would be nice if they could be had a little cheaper, but with acceptance comes volume, and with volume comes lower prices...maybe?

A superb all-rounder and a brilliant product that helped establish 650b's legitimacy. Not quite as fat & sticky as a Nevegal 2.35, but has better bite in soft conditions and just feels way faster in all but the garliest gnarl. Also, fits a lot more 26" conversion bikes than the big Nev's do. If you're doing any kind of riding other than the extreme weight weenie or big air ends of the sport, this tire's the best bet going.

[May 08, 2012]
    spyguy

Strength:

great traction and looks great.
    love the quality of these tires

overall great tire for 650b, not too many to choose from.

[Aug 15, 2011]
    derby

Strength:

Durable, long lasting, high traction, easy rolling, easily convertible to tubeless using sealant, relatively light in weight.

None really

In 3 years I have had top performance and durability using 650b Pacenti Neo-Motos for tough trail riding as tubeless converted using Stan's sealant. I would prefer Minion DH tires in 650b for lift assisted DH park use, but these work very well there, with the noticeable added cornering traction of 650b. Very good traction and feel for DH, ideal for AM, especially if there is much pedaling and climbing get there because they roll great.

Rampage, Motoraptor, Nevegal

[Jun 13, 2009]
    skinl19

Strength:

Great grip, cornering, inspires confidence. Able to run low pressures.

A little heavy but being faster in the corners makes up for it. Some rolling resistance on pavement and hardpack but everywhere else you won't notice it.

This tire seems to lock in to the trail and inspire confidence no matter what the trail surface. A little heavier than my normal race tires but the ability to take lines and corners faster and harder makes up for it. I don't normally use a 2.3 on the front of my bikes, especially when racing but I plan on leaving this tire on for a few races to try it.

I tried the Quasi-Moto as well which works fine on harder surfaces and loamy soil but did not handle loose conditions or loose over hardpack. The 2.1 Neo due out soon may be the ticket for racing but for now this version is as good as it gets for the front.

Pacenti Quasi-Moto

[Jan 23, 2009]
    ibikergal

Strength:

Good Grip and Roller

The 650b up front has helped me become better and more confident on technical trails. The tread design is great and has played a big part in my enjoyment on the trail. This tire has good grip in different trail conditions and rolls well. I ride in various conditions and it has handled what I have thrown at it from hard pack, sand to mud.

I run low pressures (24psi) and tubeless without a flat or burp on a Notubes ZTR 355 rim.

Just a great tire!!

Specialized Resolution and Fast Track

[Jan 21, 2009]
    ghawk

Strength:

Rolls and Rolls.

Price.

650b's just roll forever.
    Wow no roll offs, burps or flats since installation of these great tires on the Stans rim. I had questions if the bead would hold in the begining. Now it is time to replace the rear tire and I have neve had ONE problem.
    Great grip, (even a bit worn.), running at 22 lbs psi !
    Thanks Kirk for getting us started with the right size wheels for real mountain biking.
    Btw, people say the back tire does not accelerate fast, or hard to get up to speed. Wrong. My wheel build is about the same weight as my Spinergy/WTB Mutano Raptors ! Keeping them rolling is much easier than those 26ers. This comes from testing both tires on the same bike setup.
    Climbing technical is easier, rolling downhill is much better and rolling along the flats, did I mention this tire size and tires just roll?

[Nov 15, 2008]
    Rainman

Strength:

An excellent tire, well designed and executed by Panaracer for Kirk Pacenti. Fantastic grip in the dry.

Lethal in the wet. Slides badly on wet roots and rocks...but then, most tires do.

This was the only option for 650B riders until recently. However, Schwalbe and Kenda are into the 650B tire production now too, so we should see other options opening up for riders wishing to try different rubber.

My experience with the Pacenti Neo Moto's are all positive, except for their wet grip.
    In the dry conditions, the Neo is one of the very best tires you can fit onto a bike. It rivals the Panaracer Rampage and the Kenda Nevegal for outright grip and traction. It is a fairly hard compound rubber and wears well, showing little sign of knob reduction during the time I have been using them. The side knobs are meaty and hang on tenaciously in the corners, you can throw the bike in hard and fast and expect the Neo to grip and get you through without any dramas.
    The tread pattern is well designed, the tires roll very nicely for a big knobbed carcass and are quite fast on hard pack. I have had no ripped off knobs or cuts and I give them hell in the rocks where I regularly ride, but there is no sign of damage to this tough tire.
    I run my Neo's as Ghetto tubeless on the new Velocity Blunt rims kindly provided by Stu at Definitive Cycles. No burps, no flats and no problems...and i've really tried to roll them off the rims and burp them, but they are ... s o l i d!

Kirk is to be congratulated on his foresight and courage in funding this tire and it's smaller brother, the Quasi. He has opened up a whole new wheel size for riders everywhere to use and enjoy.

The Neo Moto is a very good tire. It deserves to do well and I really like these tires on my Ibis Mojo. If you want to see what railing corners is like at high speeds and extreme angles of lean then try the 650B Neo Moto on the front of your 26" bike. You will NOT be disappointed.

Definitely worthy of full marks in the dry, but i'm dropping a mark off because of their wet weather performance.

Rainman.

Pacenti Quasi Moto.

[Sep 14, 2008]
    dieselcruiserhead

Strength:

Very high quality manufacturing, perfect weight to strength ratio, appear to work well tubeless, corner very well, stick like glue, and in general an awesome tire. Right up there with the very best MTB tires I've ridden.

None that I can think of, other than the expensive price.

Basically a very smart tire, right up there with the best and smartest MTB tires I have ridden and liked. Very high quality manufacturing, the casing is a couple layers and the lugs show an attention to detail not found even on other Panaracer tires (Panaracer is the manufacturer of the NeoMotos). The lugs are good and aggressive but small enough and placed intelligently where they are not weight bombs, corner well, and have great traction. They are also smart where there are larger tires you might be tempted to run but these do the job of all of them. I also tried the Quasi Motos in the rear (which were also good) but in the end choose to run the Neos front and rear (and will probably continue to do so), they feel more balanced and it feels more powerful this way. I eventually figured do run the Neo backwards in the rear though for more climbing traction, this also seems to help. 650b for me was a logical choice as I wanted a more AM setup than the 29er full suspensions out there, I wanted 5" but I wanted some of the benis of a slightly larger wheeled bike like a 29er. In the end, I haven't been disappointed at all. And luckily, the first 650b MTB tire out there also happens to be one of the best tires I have ridden.

Quasi Moto, and dozens of 26er and 29er tires including many I consider "similar" such as Panaracer Rampage, Kenda Nevegal, WTB Motorapter, and others.