Velocity Blunt SL 27.5 Rims

Redesigned to be lighter, stronger, faster. Introducing Velocity's newest rim, the Blunt SL. Bringing together the proven success and technology of our P35 and Blunt rims, we have created a tubeless race day rim sure to elevate your riding to the next level! White powder coat adds 20 grams. Easily converts tubeless with Velotape, or use Veloplugs for use with tubes.

• B.S.D.: 584
  • Drilling: 28, 32, 36
  • E.R.D.: 568
  • Size: 650b
  • Weight: 400g

• User Reviews (2)

Michael Jordan   Cross Country Rider [Nov 15, 2012]
    Strength:

Strong light rims that stay true. Work well with Stans Tubeless

None so far

This review is for the 650b version of this rim 32 Hole. I use these for there intended use. X country and some all mountain. I built this rim up as a rear wheel with a WTB Super Duty Hub 12mm x 135mm and DT Double Butted spokes. It has stayed true for 1 year of steady riding and besides scratches on the spartan decals no damage. I run the wheel tubeless with Stans yellow Tape and valve with Stans goo and they air up easily with stock Kenda Nevegal 2.35 tires

Similar Products Used: WTB, Stans, FSA 300XC, DT Swiss many more I can't remember
    OVERALL
    Prophet Julio   [Sep 04, 2012]
    Strength:

Lightweight. Set up nicely with Stan's for tubeless.

Soft. I have a few dents on my rims from hitting the rocks with pressure that was a tad low. I was surprised to see the dents, but they have held up since then.

I got these in a 28 hole version to make my bike a lot lighter. It worked. They are mounted tubeless with Neo Moto 2.3's front and back. I keep the tire pressure at 28 PSI now because of what happened the 2'nd time I rode them. They have been treating me well since then and I feel that they are stiff enough to keep up the fight. I had to get them trued and tensioned once after a couple of rides, but they have not moved since then. I am sure that the dents were my fault, but I was still surprised to see them.

OVERALL