Lynskey Performance Designs Pro 650 27.5 Hardtail

The Lynskey Pro650'smulti-shaped tube set offers stiffness, race proven geometry, excellent responsiveness and confident handling. Just like our Pro29, ideal for tight and twisty singletrack, this bike is at home on technical terrain and gobbles up speedy fire roads and double track. Our chosen build includes brands like MRP, Shimano, Stan's NoTubes, FSA for a truly unbeatable combination of speed, stiffness, and head turning blurry march to the podium. For more specific product details about components check the specific manufacturer's websites or other parts categories on our site.

Mikey B   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2014]
Strength:

Handmade in the USA, stiff and efficient but still maintains the magic titanium ride, lifetime warranty, great customer service - Don is the man! , durable finish, not carbon, you can refinish with a 3m pad - the list goes on

Decals can get scratched off - no big deal - I usually remove for a stealthier look

This review is for the 2014 Pro 650 SL - Where do I start? Well, if you want a bike that puts a smile on your face every time you ride it, is incredibly stiff and efficient, maintains the magic ride of titanium, is handmade in the USA, has beautiful welds and craftsmanship, and can take a beating like no other then look no further.

I am not a professional racer, or even a racer, but I appreciate the ride quality of a pro level bike. It climbs without any loss of power - the bottom bracket doesn't flex even a c-hair. The steering is precise and the bike descends very well - it goes where I want it to go - and it gets me home in one piece.

People can argue all they want about what material is the best - carbon vs steel vs aluminum vs titanium - but it is not just the material that makes a great bike - it is the design and craftsmanship. Lynskey has been fabricating titanium frames for over 20 years - they know what they are doing and back up their products - they have a 100% satisfaction policy and a lifetime warranty - can you get that from any other company?

This is my 5th Lynskey - enough said!

Similar Products Used: Lynskey Ridgeline 29 SL, Litespeed Obed, TST Ti, DBR Ti, Trek Fuel 100
kbputnam   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2013]
Strength:

Quality, Geometry, Design, Ride

Decals soft but customer service is outstanding

These guys know how to design and build frames. This is the best bike I've ever ridden! The ride quality is such that 100 miles doesn't beat up my body. The way they've laided up the Ti really takes the harshness out of the terrain while allowing you to climb like a billy goat. From a ride feel perspective with the 650B, it rolls as good as a 29er and corners similar to my old 26er. Like the rest of the reviews I highly recommend this frame. It's stiff where it needs to be and forgiving where it needs to be. If I ever get the guts and time to do the TourDivide, this would be the frame I'd use. Also, Lynskey customer service is off the charts good. Everytime I contact them they've always quickly helped me out.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Wahoo, Niner SIR9
ATM   Cross Country Rider [Aug 29, 2013]
Strength:

Amazing quality, amazing ride. The Lynskey Pro 650 has exceeded all my expectations and needs in a xc bike. Kudos to the Lynskey team for their quality in craftsmanship and exceptional ride characteristics of this build. I have owned many xc racing bikes and this bike has exceeded all my expectations, attention to detail and quality of ride on this bike, what more can I say. Big thanks to the build team at Lynskey an New Horizons bike in Massachusetts.

NONE, not one

Just blown away, perfect ride for my type of riding. Wasn't sure if Lynskey was the real deal but after the first ride there was no questions, I'm amazed at the quality of the build and ride of this bike. The ride characteristics of a TI bike is, well, perfect....... Thanks to Don and Mary at New Horizons and to Don at Lynskey. Even though there was a long wait for the bike to arrive, it was totally worth it and would definitely do business with both of you again. Kudos to all!!!

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher, Scott, Serotta, Cannondale, Motobecane
Alessandro   All Mountain Rider [Jun 09, 2013]
Strength:

Excellent climber, stable and precise on the way down, real all rounder breed.
As others have underlined is fast, fast and fast and transfers a very high level of confidence on the trail.
The stiffness of the frame does not impact the comfort, even on relatively rough terrains.

Found none so far but will keep looking

Who should buy it: Anybody looking for a mechanically simple but high performing trail bike able to handle anything, out of hard core downhill.

Originally got my Pro 650 as a complement to a 650B carbon 5" travel full suspension bike
I am actually using the Pro most times lately as even if the ride requires more focus and attention when choosing lines downhill on rough trails, overall is too much fun.
Almost thinking to replace the full sus carbon frame with a Pro 650 FS, to see if the similar look can convince me to pick it up more frequently :-)

Outstanding work of engineering and design by Lynskey.

Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2013]
Strength:

stiff on the climbs & supple on the d'hills, good stand over height, quick but confident handling, climbs like a goat

none so far

It is a fast, mile-munching, hill-climbing beast. its got a classic look and overall the geometry is awesome, folks at Lynskey are true artisans & great to deal with, I would highly recommend.

Victor Mux   [Jun 03, 2013]
Strength:

I have .26s and .29s and I never really felt right with either tire size. After racing with the 650B, I quickly found out the 650B is the right choice for me. Its truly the best of both worlds. I can easily go over stuff while still cut sharp corners. The bike overall is simply awesome. The bike is effortless to ride. In a 12 mike race, I never got tired. If you are serious about mountain biking and want to best, this is the right choice.

The decals don't have any gloss protection so they run off easily in transport and riding. I don't care but others might.

The crew at Lynskey will treat you right by listening to you and making sound recommendations. Once the order is made, you'll experience fast shipping. I can't complain about anything. Simply said, it's the whole experience is awesome.

Daniel lust   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2013]
Strength:

Lightweight, solid feel, stable in turns, responsive, looks awesome, FAST

Great things take time to build

Wow, how do i begin?

let me preface by saying that i have ridden a 26-inch Specialized Epic (full suspension) for the last 8 years. it has been a great bike over the years but as i have improved my skills and riding ability i have found myself needing an upgrade. I did demo a few different 29-inch bikes but honestly felt that they were a little too big for me. Tires were "huge" and because i ride a small frame it seemed as though the tires were much closer together, therefore, limiting the agility of the bike in corners and switchbacks.

so...i took the plunge and decided to be a early adopter of the 650b (27.5-inch) bike. I did thorough research online and with friends in the industry and felt comfortable that this was the right size for me. Now i embarked on the journey to find the right bike for me. Everything i found online in the 650b size was built for bombing downhill with lots of travel. i am more of a cross country rider so these bikes did not really appeal to what i needed.

Then, a friend mentioned "TITANIUM" as an option. Well, there is only one bike manufacturer on the market who has a titanium 650b mountain bike.

I looked at it, read the specs, bothered the heck out of the sales guy and slept on it...for a couple of weeks. after all, spending this much money on a bike sight-unseen from a website is a bit of risk.

Let me be the first to say - I WAS BLOWN AWAY. Don kept saying how great this bike was going to be - and he really under-promised and over-delivered.

Although the waiting two months for delivery was agonizing, the day i unwrapped it from the box was breathtaking. it was gorgeous - the build, the geometry, components, shape, smell, etc...

Ok, now the good stuff. i was finally able to get out last weekend and take it on the dirt. decided on a mellow trail for this first journey (remember i have been on full suspension for 8 years so let's take it easy). no worries at all, this bike was smooth, responsive, solid on the downhill, and...FAST...

I enjoyed every minute on the trail and can't wait to get back on it and test it out on some more technical climbing and bomber descents. I do stare at this bike each day when i get home and am counting the days until i have the chance to get back in the hills and set some new PRs on strava.

I wish i had more to share about the ride, but it was only 17 miles and most of if was mellow desert singletrack with some jeep road coming back. I am very happy with the purchase (even though i often have buyers remorse with even a pair of shoes). Not this time, i a so happy with the choice that i made.

and to Don - THANK YOU. you were the deciding factor in this decision. your responses to my barrage of questions and requests really set Lynskey apart from all other choices. Not only do you sell an amazing bike, you truly back it up with amazing service.

I am forever a Lynskey fan and trust me i will be promoting the hell out of your bikes here in Arizona.