Carver Bikes Killer B 27.5 Hardtail

Carver Bikes Killer B 27.5 Hardtail

650B is the ideal size to preserve conventional 26inch mtb geometry while offering much of the benefit associated with the 29'er format. The 650B 2.3 mtb wheel retains much of the snap of the 26inch format while having the roll-over properties of the 29'er. It's not too big, and it's not too small: it's just right!

• 650B Front and Rear Wheels
  • 3/2.5 Seamless Aerospace Titanium with X-Rayed Welds
  • Machined box section head tube gusset
  • S-bend chainstays and seat stays for extra tire clearance
  • Choice of threaded bottom bracket or EBB
  • Choice of derailleur hanger or single speed dropout
  • 27.2 seatpost size and 1 1/4" front derailleur size
  • Clearance for 2.6" tires!
  • Custom sizing at no extra cost.
  • Call about our custom options!!
  • 6 sizes from 13" to 23"
  • 6 mm. water cut dropouts with rack mounts
  • 3.2 pounds in the 17" medium size

13", 15", 17", 19". 21" and 23" sizes.

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 10, 2011]
    pedal-man

Strength:

For the money you just can't beat it. I bought the frame off of Ebay and built it up with my own parts. It rides like a dream. Geometry is great, feels like your in the cockpit vs. on top of the bike. It is the best of both world for a single speed in technical terrain. Big enough to roll over the pesky stuff but still flickable for the tight turns and technical ascents.

None.

Why pay more for a "boutique bike" when you can save $$$ and get high end Ti without the mark up. Welds are great and the frame alone weighs 3.75lbs. Fully built, my bike weighs in @ 19.5lbs. Size = Large. Could probably be a little lighter if I was a weight weenie....but nah!!! Everyone that sees the bike is truly impressed.

GF, Specialized, Jamis, Surly etc.

[Nov 20, 2010]
    sage oz

Strength:

simply the best new titanium bike for the money. 650b wheels are perfect for my size(5'11.5"-170lbs) and the geometry is spot on. im using a 130mm 26er fork and maybe angles are slacker than designed but they feel perfect to me, smooth predictable control, but agile as well. very balanced. finish is top notch ,9.9/10, perfect unless being picky about the lack of chamfered edges on dropouts and cable stops. definately not a dealbreaker. welds are the cleanest ive seen next to maybe moots. mine is a 19"(the 24" effective 'curved' top tube is long, but somehow fits me perfect with a straight post and 100mm stem, though a 90mm might be better. bead blasted finish is even and smooth. the box head tube reinforcement is clean elegent and strong. MAJOR amount of mud clearance, perfect for around here. my bike also sports an awesome detailed sterling silver headbadge with a skeleton riding a bike and "hellriders". you can get them customized very nicely, though like most custom stuff the prices rise alot, though still a serious value.

-some hard edges(though not sharp)on dropouts and cablestops
    -no rack mounts on upper seatsays though there is a set on dropouts
    -uh...its not a softail like dean or ibis has
    -people want to steal my bike alot more now...
    -no iscg mounts....though who needs em' anyways, bb mounted guides look cleaner and hold less mud

this is my dream hardtail and it doesnt disappoint. please don't buy one so that mine will stay rare and collectible!

this is my first ti bike so i can only compare it to all the uber rigid cannondales and treks and kleins, the oldschool but amazing bridgestone mb-1, and a hanblul of FS bikes and this bike embaresses them all except maybe my klein race mantra and the kestrel edge fsr. all said n done i'd keep the carver first.

[Jan 29, 2010]
    Muzza B

Strength:

Very well finished and light frame. Plenty of tyre clearance for muddy conditions. 650B wheels smooth out the trail well without compromising the handling on single track.

Great low maintenance bike that will be my MTB for many years to come. Climbs well and decends even better.

[Jun 25, 2009]
    Kimster

Strength:

Build quality is awesome and looks fantastic, custom sizing at no extra cost and, 650 B wheels, titanium frame that swallows up the chatter. Carves the corners real well.

none really. Had a bit of trouble with the seat post slipping for a while. Needs a Killer B decal on the top tube though.

I really wanted to try 650B wheels after reading good things about them on www.650bpalace.com and the mtbr forums. I am only 5’7” and felt 29er wheels would be too big for me anyway. I was looking to upgrade my hardtail as it was only getting used for touring, and I felt 650B wheels would be good for touring as well as doing a bit of XC racing and trail riding. I love the way the bigger wheels roll over bumps and rocks. They hook up brilliantly in the corners, and in the climbs. Climbs like a demon on steroids. I haven't had this much fun on a hardtail for such a long time. It's a great frame that doesn't knock you about as much as most aluminium hardtails do. I highly recommend it. I have an Ibis Mojo as well and am considering putting 650B wheels on it too.

I am new to bigger wheels but the Cannondale Cadd 3 hardtail I've had for the last 10 years would be the closest.