Brodie Odin AM 27.5 Hardtail

• Stem: Brodie Mtn
  • Brakes: Shimano Hyd. Acera

[May 10, 2016]
Nick DiPersio

Strength:

Light weight
Solid Build
Good On Trail/On Road

Shifter Cable gets snagged on objects
Tires are thin, and provide little protection against even a thorn

After making the mistake of riding a "Full Suspension" Nakamura Monster through a trail with 4ft drops I knew an upgrade was needed badly. With all the grunts, groans and squeels the monster echoing into the woods, signifying my presence to anything with 2 kilometers, I am surprised I made it out in one piece. So I headed to a bike shop and after trying a few other bicycles and with great customer service I rode off with this beauty confidently. Now, even though I trail, I needed a bicycle that was good on the road as I made a 20 kilometer round trip everyday with work. At higher speeds the tires have bad road noise (which is expected from knobby tires) but I was not pleased with the amount of inner tubes I was going through from trails and road trips. However, the suspension is great whenever I need it, and the rims are still straight after one year and almost 6000 Kilometers later. So, $1050 got me a well rounded bike with crappy tires which as we speak, have no tread left. Given a second chance, I would buy my bike again.

OVERALL