Zuna Sport Ice Tray Water Carrier

Sport Ice Tray

Make round, elongated ice bars to fit your hydration bladder or water bottle with this unique tray; keep your water cold for your entire ride or hike!. Made from FDA approved materials that will not impart taste or odor. Rubberized tray resists cracking for unlimited use; plus give it a twist and ice pops out easily. Four-section tray comes with divider to let you make varying sizes of ice. Bars are 1 3/8 inch diameter to fit most round bottle and hydration pack openings.

Matt   Weekend Warrior [Jun 24, 2007]
Strength:

Concept is great. What is makes works with older CamelBak and very well in Sports Bottles.

The tray is flimsy when you try to place it in the freezer you need to put it on flat tray or you will twist up the tray and spill water all over.

The bottom line is that I love what it does. It makes ice that is perfect for my camelbak and sports bottles. However, it took a learning curve to figure out how now to spill water all over. I will score high based on that I love the long big pieces of ice, but warn you to use a plate or small cookie sheet to keep the tray from spilling water.

Similar Products Used: None
OVERALL
Stickel   Cross Country Rider [Aug 05, 2007]
Strength:

Makes nice long icicles to chill your C.B. top to bottom, or use the divider to make shorter ice rods for Nalgene type bottles.

The other reviewer was correct, there is a learning curve. If it is frozen already you can fill it fast and jam it back in the freezer, but you are better off putting a stiff flat object underneath for support. I use an old plastic cutting board to keep from dumping half the h20 on my kitchen floor. Also, after two years of use thing is starting to impart that freezer taste/smell into the ice. I'm going to try a baking soda and water soak, which I think should cure that.

Really a beneficial product.

Fact: Ice lasts longer out of water. So lately I have been filling up a platypus bladder with water, and just pouring off what I'm going to immediately consume into a Nalgene crammed with Zuna ice rods. It makes the ice last almost all day, and you can refill the platypus with whatever water you come across on the trail w/out losing the rest of your ice. If I'm on the move or in a big hurry than I go back to the C.B. I have two Zuna Sport Ice trays and they stack nicely in the freezer.