Vaude Dash series Water Carrier

Our idea of a bare-bones hydration pack. Slim profile, wind-cheating form factor with the cool comfort of an AEROFLEX mesh back. Evaporate your sweat and vaporize the competition! Plenty big for a single 2 liter/70 ounce reservoir, pump, rain gear and your favorite energy snack. Built-in helmet holder/gear panel and front mesh pocket expand your possibilities. Available WET or DRY. That's with or without our BIG DRIP 2L hydrations system. Volume: 10 L (600 in3)

Brent   Cross Country Rider [Dec 24, 2002]
Strength:

Keeps back dry! Stores toolkit,keys, and Cell Phone.
Light.

Gotta Freeze water to keep it cold in "Hot Las Vegas Summers." Tough to put full 70oz. bladder in pack.

Works great. I need to remember to freeze water the night before for riding in hot weather. Very comfortable. You hardly know it is on.

Similar Products Used: Mule
OVERALL
Bill   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2002]
Strength:

The Aeroflex suspension system keeps you from getting the sweaty back like a CamelBack gives you, and creates a secure and stable platform for a hydration pack. I never realize I'm wearing it. I've crashed a few times and landed square on this thing but it survived without a scratch, so it seems very durable. Mine is an older Dash 8 (cool name if you're an airplane fan) which only has the expandable mesh pocket and a small zip pocket (in addition to the bladder pocket). The small zip pocket works great for tools etc, and the meshie holds a wind vest, chow, and pump with ease. It has a waist and sternum strap, but it fits so well I don't use them.

One of the elastic tabs on the shoulder strap is coming undone, not a major deal, but it's got me keeping my eye on other places where stiching is under load. Due to the curved back from the Aeroflex harness, it's a bit difficult to fit a full 70oz bladder into the pack.

This is a great intermediate, wear-on-your-daily ride type pack, but lacks the storage capacity to serve as a true epic-ride pack. I'm looking at a Deuter Cross Race for that. I love the Aeroflex suspension since it keeps my back so cool and dry, even if it robs a little storage space from the pack itself.

Similar Products Used: CamelBack Hydroback. Too small at 40oz, although it works great under my fly fishing vest
OVERALL