Profile Racing Kage Water Carrier

Profile Racing Kage Water Carrier

Profile Kage

[Dec 02, 2003]
Lee

Strength:

The best cage overall.

Sometimes leave marks on bottles, but that is a very minor gripe.

I ride road, road tandem and mountain. I use these on all three. They are even on my exercise bike. I just found 'em for $2.99 at Price Point. I had purchased Pedro's Milk Cages which are way too thin for pretty much any use. These are strong, reliable, and have never coughed up a bottle in over 5 years of heavy riding.

Many, but these are the best.

[May 27, 2000]
Eric Wrenn

Strength:

This cage is great. It matches the color of my bike and looks a helluva lot better than a cheap aluminum one, and doesn't cost that much more.

I was afraid that it would break in the cold or heat because it stretches a lot with my bike bottle.

Great cage, it saves weight and looks sweet. For this i give it 5 bags of dog crap on fire!

Cheap aluminum cage(s)

[Dec 29, 2000]
Guy

Strength:

Light weight.
Lotsa colors.
Holds a 20oz bottle as snugly as a waterbottle - big plus for me.
Inaccurate spelling for copywrite purposes is Kool

Looks kinda funky w/out a bottle.
Plastic makes me nervous below freezing.

Simple, cool design that really works. If you're sick of regular boring cages, try a Kage. They're cheap, light, and they hug a bottle - what more do you want?

5 'voodoo chiles'

regular cages, chicken-wire and popsicle sticks, chewed bubblegum...

[Oct 23, 2000]
Jerry Whittle

Strength:

At about 45 grams, they are lighter than an aluminum MTB cage and stronger than a road cage. Doesn't mare water bottles like aluminum. Available in many colors to match bike. Quiet - no rattles yet.

Not very aerodymanic if you are riding without a bottle.

Buy two!

Blackburn. Trek.

[Sep 07, 1999]
Palerider
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Strong, holds the bottle with NO movement whatsoever. It's lght, won't discolor the bottle like aluminum, bottle is easy to take out, and really easy to return!

Rarely a bottle will fit too tight. Tapered bottoms such as the Specialized or the Polar work best. Remove the rubber O- ring, you don't need it.

OK, so it's just a water bottle cage, big deal. But this one, which I didn't want to like at first, is better than any others. Trying to put a bottle back into a cage at speed is where this one really shines. I've replaced all other cages with this one. Get em at Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist and others.

Blackburn (wore it through)
Elite stainless (way too flexible)
Specialized (too flexible)
other alloy

[Aug 05, 2005]
John

Strength:

Design wise the next closest to the Specialized Rib Cage and very light weight.

Elastic loosens after 1 year. Plastic where it attaches is weak. Was only available online in 1997 as no one had them in the stores.

I bought 2 of these back in 1997 and attached them to a dual behind the saddle holder like those used by tri-athlon riders in the Ironman. They were great for 1 year and then the elastic started to loosen. On one ride I cycled around 2 pedestrians (sidewalk height) I landed on the street and both cages (holding the bottles) ejected from the frame like 2 depth charges - Boom! I had to phone for back-up and lost 45 mins. waiting and my 90km ride was shortened to 30kms.
Bottom Line: A great design, light weight, but not meant to handle numerous jarring effects beyond 1 year.

Specialized Rib Cage, Specialized Alloy Cage (Road/5.0),
Specialized Alloy Cage (Mtb/6.2), Bell (Mtb/6.2).

[Aug 10, 2004]
O.Z Chi

Strength:

FLEXIBLE!! Very secure.

Doesn't look too good, and scratches bottles, but WHO CARES!?

Got these as a gift from a friend of mine. She didn't like the "aero" design they came in (this deal where the bottles are placed behind the seat post). So I took them off the little aero piece and bolted them on my frame.

THEY FIT EVERYTHING! I like to "sock" my bottles on hot rides, and many cages just aren't big enough to fit the bottle plus a sock. These cages can do that, AND do it with larger than normal bottles.

GOOD STUFF!!

Just ordered a couple more for my new road bike.

Oh, and make sure you take that little rubber band off the cage ... it doesn't do anything except break.