Performance Monsoon MAX Water Carrier

Performance Monsoon MAX Water Carrier

Performance Monsoon MAX

[Oct 18, 2001]
Connor

Strength:

Lots of storage space
Price
fit
bladder is surprisingly durable and easy to clean.

Without a doubt, the lame mouthpiece.

Great price, good fit with lots of straps, holds tons of water and gear comfortably. The lousy mouthpiece is a real pain-seemingly drips out water constantly onto the bike or my leg. Worse when the pack is full and the bladder under some pressure. I had similar problems with my earlier Performance/Platypus mouthpiece as well, and buying another does not solve the problem. I will try out a replacement MSR universal mouthpiece, as Blackburn and Camelback apparently use a smaller diameter tube and will not fit.

5 chilis for price/features, only 3 chilis due to mouthpiece leakage.

Older 70 oz Performance carrier, same mouthpiece.

[Jan 02, 2001]
Daniel Sims

Strength:

inexpensive,roomy,fits well

the bladder...this is the same as the platypus 100oz bladder

I bought this pack mainly for an adventure race that I entered into. The pack was nice and it held everything that was required but the bladder sucks. it didn't make it pass my training phase. first the cap that holds the hose on came off and covered my back with gatorade. I hot glued that and fixed the problem but then the bladder had a complete meltdown and sprung leaks everywhere. the bladder is the same as the platypus bladder. I had to resort to my blackburn bladder that I have had for three years.

backburn 70oz pack

[Aug 17, 2000]
canadian,eh

Strength:

cheap, big bladder, comfortable

hard to get the valve perfectly placed

it is a sweet deal, compared to comperable camelbacks
very big bladder, and the valve isn't too bad, and if you want a new, fancy one, just go buy a big-bite for a couple bucks. and hey, it has a 100% guaranteed if anything goes wrong. that's better than any girls i've known.

[May 03, 2000]
Jenn

Strength:

Cheap! Easy-to-clean/dry resevoir.

The little elastic loop I put the hose

Like one of the other posters, I originally felt the bladder would not hold up long, because I didn't like the feel of the plastic. Well, so far, I was wrong - it has held up fine, and it is SOOOO easy to clean - I love it! If it ever did go south, you can pick up a new one for about $16 anyway.

Blackburn Amazon

[Sep 17, 1999]
G-Man

Strength:

Price

Reservoir

The reservoir, although, has nice large opening has a very poor make. The plastic won't last long, it looks too brittle.

CamelBak MULE

[Jul 18, 2005]
Sean

Strength:

None,Just like the rest of their house brand garbage. these bladders fit inline very well with the rest of performance gear

Heh i don't know where they derived that performance name from, They should have named themselves "Garbage Inc."

I would not buy anything from that place.There are quite a few other mailorder shops with GOOD house brand products & much better service!
BUYER BEWARE!!!

I wouldn't give them any turds but under the circumstances i am forced to give one on each rating.

Camelbak,Hydrapak.

[Apr 30, 1999]
C-Dale
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Great pack for the dough. Huge resivoir, easy to clean, oh, and cheap.

Crappy bite valve, needs more pockets.

Great pack for the money. It's often on sale so you can pick it up for even less than %50. Tons of space for liquid, a full 106oz.

Good old water bottle.