Nalgene Waterbottle Water Carrier

Nalgene Waterbottle

Kristen   [Mar 17, 2002]
Strength:

This product stands up to everything! I dont think theres anything it cant handle! I love Nalgene products, and I will never use anything else!There durable, strong, economical, made well to carry in any condition!

The bottom line is I use Nalgene and nothing else, I recomend it to everyone I know. This product is wonderful! I can and have been able to use them in any situation! They hold up so well! This product is durable, in fact I can testify that if filled, tied to a rope and thrown off a cliff, after all it goes through its pulled back up and still fine! There amazing! So...Thank you!

Dave   Weekend Warrior [Dec 21, 2006]
Strength:

No leaks. No warpy bottles from getting too hot in the dishwasher. High quality non-porous plastic cleans completely, so you're not tasting some funky brew several fills later. Cap keeps mud off the mouthpiece; where I ride this is a serious advantage.

Cap can fall off or break. This does not happen often, so it's not a dealbreaker. I've only had the cap fall off maybe three times out of half a dozen bottles and hundreds of riding hours. One cap permanently lost its opening tab, but that bottle is still in the rotation. The technique is to flip the lid while the bottle is still in your bike's holder, and develop a pull/drink/return motion that doesn't bang against your frame tubes.

A few people have mentioned getting sprayed in the face when they pop open the valve. That happened because there was a pressure differential, and this bottle is airtight until you pop that valve. It's a feature...not a bug. This is not a problem for me because I also pop the valve before lifting the bottle out of the cage.

This is THE bottle for mountain biking. The key advantage is the cap that keeps dirt off the valve. It's a mystery that other bottles don't have that feature. Once you get used to it, the cap doesn't get broken and is not a hassle to use.

Similar Products Used: All manner of free and bought bottles over the last 30 years.
Tom   Cross Country Rider [Oct 18, 2003]
Strength:

Been using these suckers for was it 8,9,or 10 years? Still using the same bottles,. Love NOT DRINKING DIRT. In summer I prefer bottles to camelbacks(Less back sweat(No S##t)) No leal problems, no volume flow problems, just no problems NO PLASTIC TASTE

Previous dudes said the caps can be broken off, yes they can, But barring crashes and ill use, they are way way better than buying new $2(price?) regular bottles every season or two.

Hey Nalgene is a great bottle, sure you can break it, sure you can't use it raging downhill or weaving thru taxis(and live), but as far as a bottle goes this one rules.I recommend Nalgene bike bottles to anyone looking for a good bottle.

Similar Products Used: Nothing similar used, unless you consider this a regular plastic bottle.then I have used a bunch of those,
Ritalinboy   Cross Country Rider [Oct 14, 2002]
Strength:

- holds water for me

- it broke, the stupid tab that holds the transparent hinged cap down broke about the 3'rd time I opened it

I really like the design of the bottle but since it broke under zero stress as soon as I got it, major low chiliness. There is now a hole where the tab was and if I squeeze water flies all over me. Also, the grip depression is pretty big, couldn't that be used to hold more water? I think most people except roadies stop when they drink anyways.

So much for indestructible Nalgene...

Similar Products Used: Brita Fill & Go bike bottle (great)
Per Herlev   weekend warrior [Jul 09, 1997]

Great bottle. Can be properly cleaned because of the large opening.

Alacritas   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 1999]
Strength:

The Dome is where it's at!

V8 left a permanent orange stain inside.

Chalk up another happy customer. I was tired of getting crap on the nozzle of my bottles, so I bought this kind. So far, so good. I can flip the lid off with my teeth or my thumb really quickly, and I haven't managed to break it. The thing doesn't leak at all, and it's really nice to not get drink stains on my shirt. I can also use it in the car without fear of seat stains. Most of my plain-jane bottles have leaked at least a little. This has got to be the only bottle worth actually buying. If Nalgene would make an insulated version, I'd buy one of those, too.V8 left a stain inside it, but it doesn't taste like V8, so I guess it's not hurting anything.

Similar Products Used: Polar Bottle, Zefal Isotherm, Specialized bottle, Trek bottles
Ben   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 1999]
Strength:

The dome keeps the nozzle mostly clean, except in the really heinous dust hereabouts, where it's still worlds better than a normal bottle!

The dome hinge doesn't look strong. The nozzle is a little hard on the teeth (hard plastic, as opposed to some bottles' rubber). Still, it doesn't take too much pressure to open, so it's basically OK.

Buy it from MEC for like $5 US. The dome really works pretty well. Get one. You'll like it. I wish they had one made of the clear plastic that they use on their camping bottles, which don't absorb flavours. But it's quite a rigid plastic, so it would be impossible to squeeze.

Similar Products Used: The usual suspects.
cool waterbottle   [Nov 05, 1997]

neato waterbottle is neato and gets 5 whole chili peppers cause its a good bottle which has a neat mud guard and keeps my lips clean of mudddd. me no like mud. this keeps mud away. mmm.

celly   cross-country rider [Nov 05, 1997]

oops, i know why it didn't work, i didn't screw the lid on all the way.

Roger Buchanan   cross-country rider [Jan 14, 1997]

Picture this, a quiet ride in the country, a few hills, a couple of pastures, simple stuff really. Having worked in a lab I have a different view. Nalgene has a great name in the Lab. Bulletproof products. As for those fields...can you say Fecal Coliforms (butt bacteria) or Nematodes, or...whatever spinning up onto your water spout??? Think about it. I got mine for $9.50 Cnd (about $6.50 US) That snap top, and the Nalgene history make this a very good VALUE!