KING CAGE Stainless Steel Cage Water Carrier

KING CAGE Stainless Steel Cage Water Carrier

The popular Andrew's King cage at a more affordable price.

[Dec 15, 2011]
kanekikapu

Strength:

bombproof. simple design but works very well. last forever.

none.

I've had this cage for 9 years and it's the only cage I could't break from racing on the road and mtb. Obviously there are more bling and lighter cage out there but i found this to be classy and don't have to worry about breaking it - I had 3 Ciussi (all cracked at the welds) and 4 Taos (plastic connectors snaps from metal cage)

If you want a lighter one get the King Ti. I have one on my road bike and it works just as great and lighter.

King Ti, Tacx Tao, Elite Ciussi Alloy, Elite Ciussi Stainless, Rev-x stuff

[Dec 21, 2010]
froze

Strength:

Looks, durability

none.

These cages are the best stainless steel cages on the market and their still made in the USA unlike other stainless steel ones made in China. I'm a roadie and I've been using the two original cages for about 15 years with out a problem, and I liked them so much I bought another set for a different bike.

I use heavy 24 ounce Polar bottles, and the King cages hold them just fine. I had one bottle get ejected about a year ago because after 14 years the cage slowly bent outward not holding the bottle as securely as it did, so I just pushed the cage downward a bit to restore it's tight hold and no more problems. If this cage can hold my bottles they'll hold any bottle.

It's a very good looking cage that stays good looking even after 15 years. It doesn't mar my white bottles, it's light in weight and light in the pocket book.

Specialized, Elite

[Mar 08, 2010]
drcuzo

Black Bottles, Lost Bottles

I hate to write a negative review but I purchased these cages based on positive reviews and I am very disappointed. My bottles still go black but who cares - they are clean inside. My main issues is that they do not hold bottles securely. I have just completed the "Mountains to the Beach" five day race in Australia and lost a bottle in each of the long stages when I needed them most.

Lots of alloy cages that eventually broke

[Jan 25, 2009]
Zachariah

Strength:

Weighs almost nothing; grips bottle just right; strong like bull

Weighing just 28 grams- this 3.2.5 Titanium cage is made from scrap hydraulic line tubing straight out of military and commercial jets. The traditional design grips the bottle perfectly, without accident-inducing kung fu grip, many other cages have(ie: Specialized Rib Cage).

Lifetime warranty means a lifetime of worry-free riding. It's so strong- I can even lift my entire bike by the cage! Try doing that with carbon...or steel!!!

Blackburn Metal Matrix; Specialized Rib Cage; Cat Eye plastic cage

[Aug 15, 2008]
Mutantclover

Strength:

Durable, firm grip, good weight for what I ask of it, classic look.

None. Well, there are slightly cheaper stainless cages out there.

This isn't on my bike that hits the ground a lot, and I really only put a bottle in it when going on a long ride (when the camelback isn't enough). But it has survived a handful of crashes and a season and a half of use with no problem of any kind. It does grip plenty firm, and its steel so you can definitely "adjust" firmness by bending it a little.

Some aluminum cages

[Feb 23, 2007]
Mile High Mark

Strength:

Durable, inexpensive, reasonably lightweight.

Low "bling" factor.

Works so well that you don't have to think about it. Holds bottles securely, doesn't weigh a ton, and won't deposit that black crud on your bottles (like alloy cages). Doesn't have the bling factor of carbon or ti, but costs a whole lot less.

Cat-Eye, Blackburn, Specialized.