Hydrapak Borracho Water Carrier

Hydrapak Borracho Water Carrier

SPECS
fluid capacity - 100 fl.oz. / 3.0 l.
gear volume - 1300 cu.in./ 21.3 l.
empty pack weight - 3.0 lb./ 1371.4 g.
FEATURES

• Molded EVA shell protects several inner organization pockets including sunglasses pocket
  • Main storage pocket is large enough for a laptop and contains a Hydratunes cord port and Gizmo gear pocket for mp3 player and helmet light
  • Padded Integrated Shoulder Strap zips away drink tube, insulates, and allows easy access to bite valve
  • Shoulder strap mounted Cell Phone Pocket, padded mesh back, compression straps, Sternum strap and removable padded waist strap, large reflective adjustable bungee strap
  • Front webbing straps secure chin guard of full-face helmet, or hold skateboard. Carrying loops under pack for shin guards or other protective equipment
  • Zippered access to reservoir compartment on rear of pack
  • Full feature Reversible Reservoir drink system with Plug-N-Play valve

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 22, 2010]
    biking in the woods

Strength:

great versitility good straps and hydration pack. has bungies for a helmat to strap in.

cell phone holder is to small for a etrex GPS

Great pack for all around biking. dose get heavy when full. love the mesh pockets and extra room for two water bottles (like you would need them). Hydrapak has stoped making the borracho and replaced it with the jolla.

cell phone holder is to small for a GPS but that is easaly fixed by bying a bigger cell phone holder.

love it allwas liked hydrapak great pack

L.L.bean bag

OVERALL
    [Jan 21, 2009]
    Clintox50

Strength:

Strong zippers, many compartments, breathes well, holds shape due to molded front and foam back, hydrapack reversable res, cell phone holder, etc...

haven't found any.

I absolutely love this backpack! I use it for bike commuting pretty much every day. I have also used it as a daypack for hiking too and it works great. I used it for skiing once too but I usually go with a smaller pack since I don't need to carry much stuff.

All the straps are nicely adjustable and if you can't fit something in the pack, there's lots of places to secure it ouside the pack.

I like the molded outside compartment which keeps its shape well. I fold up my dress clothes in and use that compartment and they don't get wrinkled and bunched up. Size 13 shoes, lunch, etc go in the main compartment. Keys, wallet, etc go in one side mesh pocket and tube, pump, multi-tool go in the other mesh pocket. I love the cell phone holder on the shoulder strap. It's easily accessable while riding with gloves so I can pull the phone out and see who's calling. And it's right next to your ear so you don't miss an emergency call. During the winter I put the helmet light battery in one of the mesh pockets on the hip strap.

It holds a lot of water too if I'm going on a long ride after work. But the pack gets pretty heavy filled with water and all my stuff so I usually just go with bottles on the bike.

Great pack, love it, want to buy one for my wife too who just started commuting.

other smaller camelbacks and the usual school jansport backpack crap...

OVERALL