GT Waterboy Water Carrier

Waterboy

GT Waterboy

Norman Aguia   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2003]
Strength:

pack well made nice hiden pocket

reservoir is a piece of s...

i had to replace reservoir with a liquid solutions 70 onz since then no hard times just fun

Similar Products Used: camelbak aerobak
David Adams   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2000]
Strength:

Bag Construction
Reflective Bits
Storage Space

Bite Valve

This pack is really well made and comes with a 70 oz bladder. It has more storage than a standard pack, but less than a HAWG. Unfortunately the bite valve leaks like a sieve. You do get used to the wet spot on the front of your jersey, a camelbak bitevalve fits well on the end of the tubing and is a sensible replacement. I eventually gave this pack to my wife as I upgraded to a HAWG for the additional storage for those long road and dirt rides. Mine was only $35, so it was quite a deal.

Similar Products Used: Blackburn 100
Camelbak Hawg
Jim   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 25, 1999]
Strength:

lots of storage, does what its supposed to, well built

see below

I really like this pack. Upon first inspection I thought, this has a good amount of storage then I found another space or two to stow stuff and was really impressed. There is really alot of room to put stuff in this but its hidden well so the storage space isn't bulky when not filled. The material appears tough and sewn together really well, all the bukles and zippers are nice and it had a few reflective strips for safety. I also seems comfortable unlike the Blackburn which felt like it cut into the back of my neck because there wasn't enough padding (you can cilp a tailight onto it). The only reason I don't give this five chilis is becuase I would like it to have a waist or sternum strap and the bite valve on the water tube isn't as nice as Camelbaks soft bite valve. But it doesn't leak so I don't really mind.Also, this packs is $65-$70 at my local bike shop but I got it for $25 plus S&H from wheelworld. What a deal!