Fastrak Pakster Water Carrier

Pakster

Fastrak Pakster

mike   cross-country rider [Mar 26, 1998]

*****************Having problems cleaning your Camelbak?******************** First: DO NOT BUY THOSE EXPENSIVE CLEANING PRODUCTS!!!!!!! Instead of that $15 device that effectively dries out your bladder, USE A BENT HANGER!
Second:when cleaning your bladder, do not buy those expensive cleaners or even soap. The former doesn't leave a residue, but using Palmolive will leave an aftertaste of soap for about 20-30 uses. Instead, let the fungus sit in ARM'N'HAMMER baking soda for a few hours. No nasty aftertaste, and all the fungus is gone.
Source:I haven't learned these things from wasting money, I just listened to my mother who has cleaned things effiecientlt much longer than I have been alive. Try it, it works!!!

matt   cross-country rider [Jul 02, 1997]

pretty well built, room for tools, keys, food , etc, only downfall is that 70 oz capacity in the summer just isn't enough

Chris Barron   racer [Nov 27, 1996]

Works great for recreational riding. It carries more stuff than anyone could possibly ever use. Its a little overkill for racing; I usually just wear my camelback by itself for the weight savings. It most cases, if you have a mechanical failure during a race that requires tools, etc, you're screwed anyway....so why carry the extra weight?

Benz OuYang   cross-country rider [Aug 27, 1996]

I used to carry my fanny-pack along with my Camelback until I finally broke down and got a Pakster at a LBS sale. Now, I am happy to report that it's $26 well spent in terms of comfort and convenience. Without the Pakster, my tools, wallet and keys, spare tubes and other miscellaneous stuff gets all jammed into my fanny-pack; it's hard to find something in that disorganized state when you're out in the woods. Without the Pakster, my pump also gets very dirty as it's attached to the frame. Now, with the Pakster, I can find what I need easily, my pump remains clean for immediate use and in addition, I have a place to stuff my windbreaker and trash. The only thing that prevents me from giving it five flaming chili peppers is that small pieces of nylon fabric sewn together should not cost $26.