Deuter Attack Water Carrier

Attack

• Shield Backsystem
  • Gear storage wings
  • Front stash pocket
  • Stow-away full face helmet holder
  • Large main storage compartment

grandsalmon   Weekend Warrior [Nov 16, 2009]
Strength:

Besides the spine protection Deuter touts as the big difference about this hydra-pack, I especially dig how it stays put- no constant adjustments or vertical scrunching. The plates act as stays and the the hip fins are the way to go- set and forget. The 3liter bladder works very well, and it is within this compartment that I find I still have space to put all extras such as jacket, sammy, (tube at the bottom so I never forget). This saves the relatively small other pockets for essentials no rider should be without. The back padding is well thought out and allows ample channeling of air. Its strap/buckles for extra carry-on is simple and a no-worry system. This pack addresses many problems I find with all my other hydra packs. I expect other packs to adopt these features for what they cure, but even Deuter leaves the hip fins off their mesh suspended models which makes no sense for bikers, and I gave those a try too.

For Deuter to realize they have a good thing going here with the hard plate idea.

This pack does not distract from my riding in any way; no sausage rolling, constant albeit slight adjusting. It holds to the body as if part- what more can you ask for?

Similar Products Used: From Many, MANY from Camelbak, Dakine, Vaude, other Deuter models too.
OVERALL