CamelBak Razor Water Carrier

CamelBak Razor

Cat Daver   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 22, 1999]
Strength:

New screw off cap,illuminite,new tube director lets you position the bite valve how you want it

Makes my back sweat more,but you can use the IceBak option

I really like this, camelback gets better every year with new options.Worth my money because this keeps me more hydrated than water bottles. This is more for roadies like me but I also use it for mountain biking and in-line skating. Holds a good 72 oz of H2O and I don't even have to reach for the bite valve since I can position the tube director close to my mouth.The illuminite is great for my 4 am rides. I strongly recommend this especially for roadies, but if you're like me (I love biking both the road and the trails), you'll get plenty of use out of it doing various sports.But if you want space for your gear/tools, you really won't get much, try the Mule,TransAlp, or HAWG.

Similar Products Used: Camelback's Mule and Aeroback
David   Cross Country Rider [Oct 30, 2000]
Strength:

Low profile, adjustable bite valve

No Cargo capacity

I wanted something that could be used for racing and my original Camelbak had one drawback that was really annoying. The thin nylon shoulder straps could really cut into your skin, especially w/ a sleeveless jersey. The Razor solves that by putting pads under the straps.

I really like how low profile it is and it's not a big hump in your back. When I first got it, I didn't think I would like how it sat on my back because it's a little higher up than other Baks that I have had but after quite a few rides, it is really quite comfortable.

It doesn't slide around and the hose makes it so you don't have to fumble around trying to find the end to get it to your mouth.

I would much rather have the sweat that it generates than the crud from the trail all over my water bottle lid.

The only downside is it has NO carrying capacity for other goods so I wouldn't recommend it for long off-road adventures where you would want to carry food and/or extra clothing and such.

Similar Products Used: Original Camelbak, HAWG
Special Ed   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2000]
Strength:

Light, Aero, sleek.

needs sternum strap

Real nice hydration system, I like the Illuminite sides because it keeps cars away from me.

Similar Products Used: blackburn pipeline
Simon   Racer [May 03, 2000]
Strength:

Light, straps are comfortable, aerodynamic (might not make a difference, but is stille a strength!), new screw on cap, never leaks, holds lots of liquid, looks cool too!

Could use some kind of netting on the back to hold small things like power gel packs. The metal guide that runs along the tube. A bit expensive.

This is an excellent product. It does what it's supposed to do very well. If you've never used a camelbak, try it. You won't regrett it! This is really a race version of the camelbak. Very little storing space. Very compact. Since Power gel use during races is becoming more and more frequent, they could have added a small pouch or elastic netting on the back side to put the gels in. But that's being pretty picky! The metal guide for the tube kept the hose right in my face while riding. Anoing! I prefer having it hanging on my shoulder. I fixed this by cutting half of the metal guide. Now the 1/2 guide that is left keeps the hose in place half way down my shoulder, but the last half (near the mouth piece) is still flexible so it gets out of the way when I don't need it.

This is still the best race oriented hydration system out there. 5 chillies for me!!!!

Similar Products Used: Water bottles, Old Camelbak hydration system
Jana Lingo   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 01, 1999]
Strength:

Just the right size waist strap

Have to take off bite valve to seperate resvoir from pack

thsi is great! Iwanted some with more capacity than my half bak, but less than the HAWG. I like to chill the water in Refrigerator overnight, so have to take the bite valve off is a little annoying.

Similar Products Used: CamelBak halfbak, HAWG
Shad Reed   Racer [Jun 23, 2001]
Strength:

Low Profile;
Volume

No storage

I like the low profile of the razor and thought that I'd like the tube director thing that is supposed to hold the tube in place. That doesn't work very well. I also wish that it at least had a little storage room. I think that if I had it to do over again I wight just forego the aero form of the razor and get one of the more versatile camelbacks. 70 ozs is a good volume though.

Chris   Weekend Warrior [Jun 28, 2002]
Strength:

It holds a ton of water, its convienant. Saves me time because I don't got to worry about a water bottle.

No storage. Have to have my brother take my keys everytime

It kick ass. Besides the no storage thing I don't notice it at all. Which is exactly what you want it to be, oblivious.