CamelBak Octane XCT+ Water Carrier

• Waist Belt Pockets
  • Harness: Independent Suspension

[Sep 29, 2010]
Bill Gill

Strength:

Lightweight,versatile,good price,side pockets on waist band are great for Gels and Food while on the move biking or running. Great to run with handy in Adventure races.

Storage is tight tube some tools and bits and pieces it does stop you carrying to much stuff so you can keep the weight down.

I race/ride XC/Marathons found pack to be a great light weight hydration pack. Handy for 2-3hr rides. I adventure race as well and find the pack great to run in and kayak with as well. Hose loop on chest strap holds it out of the way but still handy to get to, I find the chest strap a good length, I'm 6'2 and 180lbs. The pockets attached to waist belt are great to carry gels and bars you can reach them without turning yourself inside out and you can eat while riding or running. Storage is tight so you have to be creative when packing, it has really taught me what I really need and don't need when heading out for a ride or race,and when you do pack it the gear you have taken doesn't rattle around.Doesn't move around when running and hardly notice it when riding.Seems well made but it is new. A great pack if your into your outdoors sports.Well worth a look if your after a light weight hydration pack with storage for essentials,if you want storage go the Blowfish.Very happy with pack would recommend to have a look at if after a light less bulky option to the Mules and Hawg's.

Mules,HAWG

OVERALL
[Sep 02, 2010]
Aleek

Strength:

light, durable

short chest strap

This is my first Camelbak and I wanted something for a short trail rides It´s very light and so well bounded, that I can´t even feel it on my back. It can carry keys, wallet, cell phone, allen keys, pump, map, and 2l of water is also enough. A small lightweight windproof jacket is also possible to pack in. The only weakness is the short chest strap - I´m 170cm tall and it´s fine, but for bigger guys it won´t be wearable. This bak is done for smaller persons :o) I´m using it also in the city, or in-line skating - its small so you wont hit anyone around you with it.

OVERALL