CamelBak Lobo Water Carrier

CamelBak Lobo Water Carrier

Camelbak Lobo 100oz Hydrapack is the workhorse in the Camelbak family. 200c.i. Of storage gives this all-day pack the capacity you need to store your essentials, while keeping the overall size and weight down. 100oz of fluid capacity will take you till th

[Jul 10, 2014]
tigris99

Strength:

Size, capacity, storage space. All perfect for what I need. Big enough to fit my 270lb 6'1 clyde self comfortably and doesnt look dumb. Good flow as well.

Only complaint, lower "waist" or in my case perfectly above what gut I still have remaining, is thin. No padding or a bit wider strap for me anyway.

Couldnt find it on sale (its July, to be expected lol but well worth it anyway)

Tried on several packs at a couple LBS and at Dick's....nothing I liked. Had been eyeing this one for a bit too but no where had one to try. After frustration and wasted time I ordered this pack and couldnt be happier. Looks the right size on on me (clyde), good water flow, all straps fit and adjust for pack to be comfortable to the point you forget its there till you here the water slosh around. Also the storage is awesome. carry everything I did in my underseat pack. plus wallet, keys, phone and have room for tube and mini pump (carry co2s normally) as well if needed. And the fact I can store my helmet on it, gloves and glasses in it too so all my stuff is always together (no more forgotten helmet return trips to home) you cant go wrong. I paid almost full retail and IMO still worth every penny.

[Jun 05, 2014]
h_daddy

Strength:

Large bladder and adequate cargo space in a smaller pack

The leash that keeps the lid connected to the bladder gets in the way.

With many low-priced packs out there, I really didn't want to pony up the dough for a Camelbak. It was the sleek design of the Lobo that changed my mind. Most packs with this much cargo room look like a small backpack. It carries 100 oz of liquid and has enough pocket space for a multi-tool, spare tube, hand pump, first aid kit and a couple of PB&J's. I've had it for five years now and my only regret is that I didn't wait for the newer antidote bladder.

hydrapak.

[Aug 09, 2012]
DPF

Strength:

Perfect size, holds enough water for 2 laps around my trail which has a 25 to 30 min technical climb (usually I only use about 70% of the water), enough space to take (cell, tools, pump, and other small stuff), build quality (i have already fallen on it and its in mint condition)

Size, if you are looking to take more stuff than what I posted on strenghts, a bit expensive as all camelback products

Worth the money I strongly recommend it

[Aug 02, 2012]
The Grouch

Strength:

The fit and price(I paid 30.00 on sale)

Nice pack, good for summer rides.

[Jun 07, 2012]
Jeeppower

Strength:

Size Fit Durability

None So Far

I had my Lobo for three yrs now, it works great, fits just right, and has plenty of room without being bulky. I recommend it to all my friends.

[May 17, 2012]
Jeff

Strength:

Size, Bladder capacity, Comfort.

None.

This is a great pack for riding. It rides secure on my back, has a relatively low profile and is quite comfortable. It is able to hold my wallet, keys, cell, power bar and repair tool with room. The bladder holds plenty of water (100 oz) for a few hours of riding. It stays in place well while mountain biking thanks to the waist strap and sternum strap. I highly recommend it. It's worth the msrp, but you can often find it on sale below $70.

[May 17, 2011]
hags707

Strength:

Lots of water, comfortable, enough room for tools and spare tube.

Rope on zipper pulled off after 1 month of use ( fixed it myself and been since)

Good amount of water and storage for 2 to 4 hour bike rides

[Sep 27, 2010]
johnmDE

Strength:

Large water capacity (100 oz) with just enough room for essential gear.

This a nice hydration pack for those who want 100 oz of water and enough storage for essential gear, keys, cellphone. It does not have the storage of other packs, but is just enough for riding with a little to spare.

It has a pocket for a pump, can hold 2 tubes, bike tools, and has a 2 zip-up pockets.

[Sep 04, 2010]
Clones123

Strength:

Very well made with tons of features. Ventilation system controls sweat on your back and the straps are comfortable and effective.

Some other Camelbak models have a big zipper so the reservoir can easily be removed for filling or for storing in a fridge/freezer. Also, Camelbak just came out with their new Antidote reservoir which replaces the Omega HydroTanium and addresses it's problems - the new one looks to be WAY better.

I started off trying a MULE N.V. thinking it would hold a lot more but I couldn't believe how little that model actually held - each pocket intruded on the space available for the adjacent pockets. WTH? I returned it and got a Lobo instead which is lighter and makes more effective use of it's admittedly smaller capacity. I wish my 2010 Lobo had come with the new and vastly improved Antidote reservoir but I'm happy enough with this hydropack. 4 Chilis for the absent zippered bladder pocket and not having the new improved reservoir.

MULE N.V. and various older models from Camelbak and High Sierra.

[Jul 14, 2010]
Jbpeddler

Strength:

Well balanced, just enough room, very light but carries a lot of water, external fill is great, barely noticeable while riding because it's so comfortable!

A little more storage room would be nice, pump netting pocket should be more secure

I've tried tons of hydration packs, Camelbak makes the best bite valves and bladders period. I have actually bought Camelbak bladders & bite valves for non Camelbak packs, that's how good they are. This is my 2nd Lobo, the first Is 6 years old & still works great! Got the new one just for the vented back & zippered pocket covering the wide mouth. Every other pack I've tried is uncomfortable & poorly designed, and does not fit or feel the way the Lobo works. This is the best pack for 3 or even 4 hour rides, any longer or rides with changing weather may need a larger pack.

Fox, Havoc, 6 year old Lobo