CamelBak AeroBak Water Carrier

Camelbak AeroBak

bike warrior 10   Weekend Warrior [Dec 28, 2010]
Strength:

Just the right amount of water. I even purchased a 2nd bladder for it so one could be used for water and the second one for an energy drink!

None. It hasn't failed me yet!

I would recommend this product to anyone. This bag is so awesome and I love it! Its recommended to acid bikers and hikers all over I believe.

Similar Products Used: High sierra 2 liter
Bill   Weekend Warrior [Jun 19, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight, excellent reflectivity at night, solid construction

Original bladder closure was a "push-on", which is difficult to close when full without spilling liquid. Replaced with newer version and all is right with the world!

For short hauls through the woods and inline skating a great way to carry your liquids. If you are an inline skater as well as MTBer, it works great at night on city skates. Lights up like a Christmas tree when car lights hit it! You will be seen with no problem!

Similar Products Used: 70oz Camelbak, and 100oz Camelbak
E Krebbers   Racer [Jan 10, 2001]
Strength:

You don't have to get your bidon when riding on your bike.
It carries 1,5L of liquid
The 2000 model looks durable
90 deg angle (ergo angle)
big bite valve

none so far

I'm one of the few people who uses a camelback during a race.
A friens of mine gave the advice.
Sometimes i hear people say that they are afraid to get their water bottle, because if they do they'll get passed by another racer.

It's nice when you have the possibility to drink when you need it.

David Drescher   Weekend Warrior [Oct 30, 1999]
Strength:

Ease of use

The bladder gives thew water a plastic taste that turns my stomach. I've tried getting rid of the bad taste with bleach and baking soda but nothing seems to work.

I'm sorry I bought it.

Cat Daver   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 22, 1999]
Strength:

Ergonomic shape with a low profile,icebak option,and illuminite

Makes my back sweat more, but just use the icebak option when really hot.

This is a great hydration system for short to medium rides except when it gets really hot than you can run out of H2O quickly like I did on the trails once. This sure is better than the old water bottle, which I only use for energy drinks now. But for my short road rides and inline skating it is perfect.If I do a quick trail ride it is fine too. Illuminite is great for night or early morning rides.Been pretty durable for me and I'm rough on my stuff.

Similar Products Used: Camelback's Mule and Razor
loren   Racer [Jul 02, 1999]
Strength:

comfortable

cheap construction - just like other Camelbak products I've used, this one started falling apart after about 6 months. The mesh backing has ripped away from the black nylon material, so there;s a big hole in the back. I'm not pleased.
bladder is too small

I've looked at the Razorbak; it looks to be a little more durable, but who knows? I'm going to invest in a Mountainsmith instead. I have a mountainsmith backpack and the thing is just bullet-proof. Has any one out there tried a M-smith hydration pack?

Similar Products Used: mule
Tord Astad   racer [Feb 27, 1999]

This has got to be the very best waterpack system in the world for mtb racers and cross-country skiers.I`ve been riding and skiing with my Aerobak all winter long and not a single time has the water freezed. Not even when it has been -20 Celsius outside and I`ve been sporting for two hours.If you want the liqued to stay warm or cool, it will stay warm or cool.The Aerobak fits on anyone,anytime,anyplace.You don`t need any stuppied light on the back of your bike because the whole back and front of the Aerobak is made of a reflecting material.The Aerobak is a winner.

Fritz   racer [Aug 12, 1998]

I love the aerobak. It rules. If you put it under your jersey you forget it's there after a few minutes. Sometimes it bounces up and hits me in the neck, but it's not that bad. I use it for cross-country. Is this 50 words or what? That is the faggiest rule! Sometimes products don't take 50 words!

Kyle R.   weekend warrior [Aug 07, 1998]

The fit is very comfortable and I've also found it useful for running and roller blading as well. However, in this summer's Texas heat, I've found that 50 oz. does not go very far, so the Aeroback is best when used for short rides or to supplement water bottles. The strap is very comfortable and on rough terrain, you hardly realize that it's there. Another plus is that the water stays cool for long periods of time. Final drawbacks are that the water in the tube warms up, so ti takes a second to get to the cool water, and that the valve can be tough to suck the water out. Overall, I really like, though my buddies would reccommend that you go with The Mule.