Blackburn Mtn. Cage Water Carrier

Mtn. Cage

Blackburn Mtn. Cage

hardtailer   Cross Country Rider [Apr 20, 2001]
Strength:

Great strength, 55 GRAMS!!! holds my bottle where it should be.

It's worth it, and I didn't even have to pay much! I have two that I use on my bike new this year, and they're super.

Steve   Weekend Warrior [Aug 23, 2000]
Strength:

It's amazing!! It's incredible!!! It hold my bottle and doesn't let it go!!!

They aren't free (or even cheap)

If you don't mind spending a few bucks more, buy one!

Make sure you use Locktite on the threads and you can't go wrong

The cage seems to be well constructed and doesn't noodle easily. Won't let my bottles fly off the bike even when I do (Can I get a saddle that will do that?).

Similar Products Used: Performance cage
Guido Kerssens   Cross Country Rider [Jun 07, 2000]
Strength:

The strongest cage ever! I'm using these for almost 10 years now and I still have the first ones. NEVER LOST A BOTTLE!

They are rare in the Netherlands these days,...........

Well as I said: I'm still using my first cage and it has been around the Alps, Pyrenees, Dolimites, etc.
If you don't want to loose your bottles, go for the Blackburn MC-1 MTN. Even the heavier Polar bottles always stay in place!

Similar Products Used: Toppeak (these suck big time, the bottle shook to much on some downhills and the sand/mud scratched my brand new frame, like I used grinding paper.
Andrew   Weekend Warrior [Jun 13, 1999]
Strength:

Absolutely the strongest cage ever. Had two of them for about 2 years now, racing, day rides, jumping and thrashing and there are no signs of weakness yet.
Holds large and small bottles, no troubles. No problems mounting either.
Made of alluminium, light as ....... .

Strongest bottle cage ever i say. NO weaknesses.

Throw out your other cages and buy a pair of these. Very cheap and they'll last for ever i reckon.

Similar Products Used: Had 2 other cages. both broke.
Brian   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight, strength, reliability.

I didn't last forever.

Great cage - light and strong. Have put on countless miles with this one for at least a decade and it never dropped the bottle, BUT, the welds have finally cracked and it has to be retired. No complaints considering the years and miles that it has put in, but it loses one chili for not being immortal.

Similar Products Used: Various alloy and composite cages.