American Classic Bottle Cage Water Carrier

• Lightweight and durable

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 23, 2001]
    Doug

Strength:

Light, cheap.

Rattles, plastic piece on front not glued.

Looking at other the other reviews for this product methinks I got a bad batch. On the first ride with the new cages the plastic piece that holds the bottle in slipped off of one, almost lost a bottle before I noticed. I see that the other has slipped slightly as well. I tried to bend them around a bit so that the plastic pieces would stay. Are these supposed to be glued on? Second ride, one of the cages started rattling to beat hell. Aluminum? Great, I'm tossing them in the recycle bin!

Blackburn, specialized rib cage.

[Mar 30, 1998]
    cliff fong
    weekend warrior

I have used this cage for 6 yrs and it shows no signs of wearing out. The cage is a simple design with no welds and lightweight. Mounting them was a little difficult due to the hardware but once there on they look and function flawless. Give American Classic 5 chillis to actually make a cage in the U.S. when compared to Blackburn who make theirs overseas (Taiwan).

[Jun 06, 2000]
    Greg

Strength:

Lightweight, excellent design. Inexpensive, indestructable, does not mess up your water bottles like other cages.

NONE

I have ridden these cages for over 10 years. The reason these cages do not break is because there are NO WELDS. The material is a spring type aluminum that has never been heated. If you crash and bend it, you bent it back. If you expect a rough ride, you compress the cage before inserting the bottle and it holds it like a big spring. They are made from 1 continuous piece of aluminum rod and it is joined at the front with a composite piece. The mounts are composite and become part of the structure of the cage when installed. It's like trying to shatter a paperclip, it's not going to happen unless you bend it back and forth exceeding it's limits a large number of times. To my knowledge they have produced over 1,000,000 cages in Ohio, and have yet to have one returned due to failure. If you want cages on your road or mountain bike, these are the ones.

Many

[Feb 22, 2000]
    Andrew

Strength:

Simplicity of design. Strenght. Durability. Weight.

None.

Best cage around. Price is right too.

Blackburn, Performance.

[Nov 27, 1998]
    Rick Rohret
    cross-country rider

I have used this cage design for the last 10 years. I have owned three of them, all purchased 7-10 years ago.One failed due to my niece climbing on it with all of her weight. It deformed greatly but did not break. I am still using the other two. They are indestructible. I have paired these with the Blackburns or Blackburn style copies, but the Blackburns consistently break at the welds, just like the LBS dealer told me they would. I would immediately buy these again, but the two that I own are still working fine. They are worth every cent.

[May 21, 1997]
    Tim Kalina
    cross-country rider

I have used these cages for years and have found them to be the best there is. Other cages I've tried have either broke after a few years or else don't hold a bottle or battery very well, especially in a crash. I have never lost a bottle or battery with these, even in a hard crash. And they are the only cage to use if you use a light with a cage held battery. All other cages deform from the weight of the battery, which leads to cracks. I've been using the American Classics with a Night Rider for nearly five years and the cage still has it's original shape with no sign of stress cracks. Plus, these babies are light, very good looking and come in nicely anodized colors. Best of all, they are made right here in the good ol' midwest!

[Jan 21, 2001]
    brain

Strength:

Light and good looking
    DO NOT BREAK

ZERO

THESE ARE THE BEST CAGES OUT THERE!
    TOU HAVE TO BUY ONE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF!
    TRUST ME!