Polaroid XS100 Video Cameras

Polaroid XS100 Video Cameras

The Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition Waterproof Action Camera is the most exciting and most professional Action Camera offered by Polaroid yet! Are you ready to jump off a cliff or a plane? How about surfing, skiing, biking, rafting etc? Then this is the camera you want! The Functions, Quality and Durability equals and in some features (G Sensor, Dual File Recording, Vibrates, Ultra Light )even surpasses the cameras offered by other brands in the professional market. Priced at $159.99 this is one of lowest priced cameras in this field. This camera comes with a 1-year limited warranty.

[Oct 18, 2016]
Robert B.

Strength:

Beautiful videos, very clear and nice stabilization

None that I have been made aware of

After about 2 months the camera would not record more than 50 seconds before turning off. tried numerous times to run battery out and recharge, has not been successful.

[Nov 11, 2015]
kenny
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

hd quality excelent wifi works great on my samsung 4g lte android downloaded both app have used file app have not used remote yet soon to try on my surface can't wait also batttery last enough time at least 4 hrs

have not experiance any yet

i like it i would purchase again just read the instrustions and ask the question on line that concerns you on your particular issue
the odds are in your favor that youll find the answer happy trails

[Jul 18, 2015]
Will

Strength:

Don't know what people having so much trouble with. Mine alsome.

My mic is to loud! Can't fine it to put some tape over it.

For $79.95 its all some no trouble dose everything it's suppose too.

[Feb 02, 2015]
romeo

Strength:

Price, Quality, Image Quality, availability of mounting options as compared to the GoPro's joint style

Size, may be awkward for chest mount

I don't know how everyone else has had such bad experiences with them. But most of the complaints on here like no audio, no G-rotation, etc. This could all be fixed if you read the instructions carefully and possibly understood your computer better. As for audio, the video formats are in .mov/.mp4 - You have to use a video player (QuickTime) and the audio will work. Seems to me people are ready to send something in immediately if it doesnt work and just keep paying out for something different or new. Typical world we live in, but overall. This is a great product. Just as good as a GoPro and I have both. Just use it for different adventures.

[Jul 29, 2014]
Sebastien

Strength:

Big angle

This camera, even if the trademark is Polaroid, is NOT DONE by polaroid... While investigating to update the firmware, I realized the user manual was talking about a "check firmware" button that is inexistent. After reading the content of polaroid.exe, I discovered this camera is a ION (http://www.ioncamera.com), and the firmware update is only available for these ion camera... so forget Polaroid and buy this camera to the initial source!!!!!

Cannot update, a lot of bug (pretend to record, but don't... start vibrating non-stop, a full reset is needed to stop it... very bad image quality during the night (noisy) and in a very sunny environment t (burned image)

[Jun 03, 2014]
Brian Flynn

Strength:

Lightweight, good mounting options.

No stabilization, videos are almost unusable when recording over choppy surfaces. Persistent clicking sound over the same surfaces. Battery life is quite short.

This is a good entry into the helmet cam craze. If they can fix the stabilization and the clicking sounds I will give one more chili.

[Apr 21, 2014]
this guy

Strength:

has a great picture and easy to use

NO AUDIO

I love this camera but I just wish I could figure out how to get the audio working. I've been watching you tube and it seems that some peoples audio works fine but from the reviews, other people are having the same problem as me.

[Apr 10, 2014]
detroit44

Strength:

great look, very aerodynamic, lots of extras

where the h**** is the sound?

Great camera except for one thing. I can not record sound off of the damn thing. i've tried different recording options, I've tried playing back on my p.c. and my t.v. and although the video looks great,I cant seem to get any sound to record.
I've read my of you out there with the same problem that i have,and unfortunately, no one has figured out what to do to fix it...I will keep looking at this post in hopes that someone out there has an idea on how to fix this problem...
What a damn shame.....

[Apr 03, 2014]
tspoon

Strength:

As others have mentioned, the display case is a masterpiece. In addition, the unit is attractively styled.

Everything else. Polaroid should have made the reset button larger because you'll be using it every single time you interact with this piece of junk.

Sometimes it won't turn on. Sometimes it won't turn off. I never successfully made a video or took a photo with this unit, despite poring over the instruction manual, trying everything exactly as written.

Don't buy. Tell all your friends not to buy. This camera is utterly worthless.

[Apr 01, 2014]
Brian

Strength:

Amazing visual clarity of picture, ease of use, sleek design.

Microphone pickup is a little weak

The Polaroid XS100 addresses all of the shortcomings I've felt the GoPro has in spades. First the design - WAY more streamlined than the GoPro, which for motorcycle riding is a really good thing. The camera has standard camera tripod threads so you can easily attach it to any tripod - unlike the GoPro. Easy to operate while it's mounted on top of your helmet - vibrates to let you know it's recording, it's on, it's off - only one button, and one sliding switch. Also there is only one large, rear cover - not the little hatches and covers the GoPro has. Without a dedicated waterproof housing, the Polaroid doesn't go as deep as the GoPro in it's housing, but 30' is plenty for swimming pool, surfing, or snorkeling. I've had fewer issues connecting the Polaroid XS100 to my computer to download movies and pictures than I ever had with the GoPro 3 black edition. The XS100 doesn't have wifi (the XS100i does if thats a deal breaker), but the wifi on the GoPro was always such a pain in the a** and a battery drain. I've had the Polaroid on my motorcycle helmet and have recorded both 1080P video and timelapse photos and the quality is really good - comparable to the GoPro (in those resolutions) and for $120, really a no brainer. Better than lashing my miniDV camcorder to my handlebars with a spare inner tube (which I have done) :)