Lemond Fitness RevMaster Trainer

The LeMond RevMaster combines Greg's passion for cycling and innovation with exceptional product quality. Built to deliver an amazing workout, every component of the LeMond RevMaster has been designed to be more innovative, comfortable, and durable than any other indoor group cycling bike.

steve van santen   [Mar 28, 2013]
Strength:

solid,smooth when you get one with no defects

manufacturing defects, price

I have the lemond revmaster sport @013
basically same bike with new company ownership..buyer beware
Bought this bike based on user reviews and Hoist web site stating all bikes 100% inspected. I am now on my third defective bike. The 1st bike had a defective flywheel and handle bars that would not sit straight. The flywheel had a dent which caused a snapping noise with every revolution. Swapped it for another bike and this one had an oval shaped flywheel which caused a much worse noise and a jumping sensation in the handle bars. Now one month later and 3rd bike finally no flywheel issues but having handle bar issues not sitting straight. Very frustrated this is not a cheap bike and fed up. Hoist has some major manufacturing issues this is by no means a coincidence 3 defective bikes in a row I think not. They will not compensate and take responsibility just want to keep swapping parts and bikes until they get it right. I have to live with the handlebars not sitting straight because I don`t trust not getting a bike with more and worse defects. These bike are heavy and it has been a hassle. The whole experience with buying Hoist bike has been terrible. It`s to bad because I am sure it would have been a great buy if not for the defects. The bike is quiet and smooth. 5 stars for that.. it just took 3 bikes , one month, lots of emails,phone calls to the store, tech visits, 5 trips up and down stairs etc.... I hope this review keeps people from going through what I have.... buy something else or make sure your 100% satisfied before leaving the store.

Bob Frapples   Weekend Warrior [Jan 24, 2011]
Strength:

Simplicity, Adjustabliity.

Seat Post slips...Worst Spin Cycle I've ever owned. Great Bike but it doesn't work if you have to jump off every 10 Minutes to raise the seat. My Ol' Schwinn Spinner with the Holes worked much Better

Don't buy this Spin Cycle..I'm 220..might want to choose another Spinner..I'm shopping..

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Spinner
Protobikes   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2010]
Strength:

Smooth, easy to adjust, well instrumented

Flywheel is much too light or undergeared. As soon as there is any resistance on, it is like riding in mud. I race real bikes and I need a trainer that acts somewhat like one. This bike does not.

I won't bother going to the gym that uses these bikes any more.

Similar Products Used: Another gym I use has old bikes with no instrumentation but a heavy flywheel. Far better.
Chuck Hurley   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2010]
Strength:

Strong Durable ; able to handle young riders. I teach 4-6 and these spinners could handle 2 hours a day with all sorts of children with no problem.

There were no product weaknesses

Reliable; dependable and user friendly.

John Wiepking   Cross Country Rider [Nov 20, 2009]
Strength:

I will 2nd the good reviews regarding how quiet and stable the RevMaster rides. The tension control simulates uphill riding nicely.

The wireless Pilot cadence has not worked as designed. I've replaced the transmitter once ($72.) The problem may be interference, even in the middle of the family room. In-doors in the winter I need media distractions and feed back for a quality workout. Polar needs a wired version too allow both.

The RevMaster bike is teriffic, but the indoor biking experience could be greatly improved with a working computer.

suggg   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2009]
Strength:

High quality mass production for a spin type bike. I mean, really high quality.... with one minor goof. 100% custom ergonomics - no limits here for fitting purposes or even tweaking an existing fit. Just about no noise. The only noise this things produces is when the tension strap increases on the fly wheel - it's a soft whispy noise, no squealing or grinding. I would say pretty good paint finish to shed toxic sweat, all drivetrain is covered as well with some form of plastic coverings. The bike is heavy and solid, and does not wiggle at all. You can climb the French Alps or just gently spin out the soreness from recent thrasher outings.

Nothing really big here: They missed a second series of tapped holes used in the back, floor -cross piece. There's still another set which holds the cross member on fine until I tap the second set. The other thing which I will snivel about is that LeMond fitness doesn't make any type of proper handle bar/stem retro system for people who want to put their regular bars on. The stock handlebars work, but for people who ride regularly, these bars might drive you nuts. I'd like to be able to put regular road bars on.

Really good product!!! I didn't need to buy this product. I bought it because the Jhonny G Spinner makes to much noise and causes too much vibration for the folks downstairs. I can't concentrate if I'm also thinking about the neighbors going nuts. This bike solves that problem 100%. I use it on top of a towel which is laying on a linoleum floor. No pads or goofy stuff needed.
If you are one of those types who can tolerate extended spin sessions, you might want to check one of these units out if you really need a spin bike. Try it first: The sensation is different from that of a Jhonny G Spinner type bike. The Jhonny G bike has a more mechanical feel going on - it creaks, clangs, squeals.... The Revmaster is dead quiet and vibration free. I always say TEST, TEST, TEST, then go home and think/feel it over before you give someone 1300.00 bucks.

Similar Products Used: Jhonny G spinner since 1996

Racerxti   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2007]
Strength:

Strong build, Quiet,Large Flywheel, Price, lots of Features

Different configuration then most spinning bikes in most gyms.

I purchased a spinning bike for indoor cycling. I didn't like how my road bike flexed while in my trainer. If your not looking for a spinning bike, then no need to read any further.

Adjustments:
I was blown away by just how adjustable this bike is. Like all bikes you can adjust saddle hight, saddle forward and backward, and handlebar up and down. The difference is the Remaster allows for micro adjustments. Other bikes force you into pre-drilled holes, where the rev master allows the post to slide freely and lock into postition with clamps. The Revmaster also allow the handlebar to slide forward and backward to adjust your reach. This makes a big difference, because on a spinning bike you sacrafice knee/pedal position for reach some times (my wife has this problem).

Strength:
As I said I'm a big guy and was worried about the frame, seat, or handlebars flexing when I workout. Not a big deal when seated, but jump out of the saddle and sprint and some spinning bike wobble and flex. The Lemond is built like a rock.

Feel:
The lemond was designed by a cyclist, not an aerobics instructor. The bike is the closest thing to the feel of a real bike. I love the built in aerobars, and the cloud nine allows for me to spin in a tucked position for hours. I didn't know how I'd feel about the high angle of the round handle bars. I seldom use the most extreme tips of the bars, unless I'm out of the saddle for extended periods (45 min standing hill climbs, ugh). Then it makes a big difference resting my shoulders.

The pedal feel is very smooth, and silent. The belt drive has needed zero maintenance, and does collect dog hair like a oiled chain does. The tensioner is very smooth. Tension is added smoothly. The version I bought this year, new, has a brake, which is different then a past reviewer. I'm not sure if the brake was added recently or not. You brake by pushing down on the tension knob, which works well.

Computer:
The main reason I thought about the lemond was for the computer, something the Schwinns all lack. The computer is simple to use, but show all the information I want during and after my workouts. I monitor my cadence and heartrate and compare to spinnerval DVDs. The distance is good for when I decide to just spin, while watching tv or listening to music. The clock, well do I really need to say? I wish it also showed speed, but not a big deal.

Warrenty:
Compared to other bikes in the $1000.00 range this bike has the best warrenty I saw. The frame has I lifetime warrenty. It comes with a 3 years parts and 1 year labor on top of that. With so few working parts I can't see needing the warrenty, but its good to have.

Price:
Ok so I though the Lemond was expensive at first. Then I thought about all of the features and compaired it to the other big spinning bikes on the market. It turns out the lemond is cheeper then other gym quility bikes.

Bottom Line:
If your looking to buy a spinning bike then I would take a good look at this bike. For your money you will get a ton of features, for the same price as a Schwinn Evolution SR ($1200).

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Evolution SR (was my fav), and Saris (too expensive).
kevin arsenault   Cross Country Rider [Mar 30, 2007]
Strength:

Spent the day test driving Schwinn ic elite, Star Trac elite and Lemond Revmaster 2. Lemond so much smoother ride and much better built. No rocking alot of attention to detail in manufacturing. Solid parts and welding.

no emergency brake